My First Mother's Day + Good Things

Coming at you a day late with a quick recap of my first Mother's Day and general life thoughts.

Sunday was such a wonderful day. It started with Bill taking the morning feeding with Cam and letting me sleep in, follwed by breakfast in bed. That alone made my entire Mother's Day!


As if breakfast in bed with my little family wasn't enough, he also brought me the most beautiful bouquet of Hydrandeas! I had been talking about getting some for the front porch and took that as they are my new favorite flowers, which they are :)


I just love the way the colorful arrangement brightens up our dark table! Bill also decided that I needed a day of pampering, so he gave me a spa package from Charles Penzone! This was completely unexpected! He is the best hubby! I can not wait to book my 'me' day!

After a relaxing morning, we went to my parents' house for brunch. My parents got Cam a doorway jumper and an excersaucer to keep him occupied! You would have thought it was his birthday or something! It was so nice spending time with my family and our FOUR generations! Yes, my Grandma was there and it is always such a pleasure to see her smile at Camden and vice versa.

Camden also attended his first birthday party! He had a great time! It was all baseball themed. I wish I would have taken more photos!


This weekend really made me start thinking about what's most important in life. I really want to focus more on spending time with my family and friends. I want to feel fulfilled by spending time with my loved ones instead of going to Target and spending too much money on things I don't need.

We started to talk about our plan to move in a few years to a larger home and what we would have to do in order to save enough money. I'm realizing that I spend a lot of frivolous money on things, when that money could be put in our savings account. Living in this 'blogging' and 'IG' world it is hard not to compare lives. I scroll through the endless fashion blogs and instagram pics of girls 10 years younger than me rocking all designer brands everyday. I just can't do that. 

We want to work on making our current house a home. I absolutely love our new sectional! Now we are starting to look at patio furniture and realizing how expensive it is. I know it takes time to furnish a home, so I am trying to be patient. Plus, we are trying to be very smart with our money and not put anything on credit.

When I step back and look at my life, I realize that I have everything I've ever wanted. I have a loving husband that is a great provider and father. We have a home. We are healthy. AND, we have the most adorable little boy! What else do I need?

And now for some adorable baby pictures...


(This guy is obsessed with grabbing his feet!)


I'm kind of jealous of his flexibility! 

That's all for now! Thanks for listening/reading :)

15 comments

  1. Your little man is just too cute for words! So happy you had a wonderful first mother's day and I love those hydrangeas - they are my favorite too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, he's a cutie! And I agree, it's so easy to compare and want. I never realized that when I first started my blog. But it does creep in on you - and it's so not worth being in debt for - at all! I have the same mentality as you and as much as I may want something, it's definitely not needed. Seems like you have your mind on well and perfectly balanced!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day and look how gorgeous he is!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy is it easy to get sucked in to the I want game. You're not alone in that. I was actually just thinking about that last night as I was rocking my baby to sleep. I think it really takes effort to train your mind and to be intentional on your thoughts about gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said lady! I follow blogs, but don't blog myself, and found yours when I was pregnant with my little man, Jack--he is about a month behind your cutie! It's hard some days when I still feel so frumpy and tired to not want to buy the latest and greatest product, but I too have all that i want and need and need to think first and foremost of the life my husband and I are trying to create together for our family! Thanks for reminding me today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so easy to fall down this hole of IG/blog with the need/want/must have and I have to constantly remind myself that it's a smokeshow, but it's hard and I have a list a mile high of "stuff". Your thoughts are a great reminder to keep it real and focus on what really matters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pastel colored hydrangeas are something else! Glad to see you had an amazing Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can definitely agree on comparing, I try to not do it, but looking at the beautiful homes some people have...well it makes me wish we made that money too.

    And your son he is just so adorable!!! I love the hydrangeas your husband got, such beautiful colors.

    You look great!! I'm 16 months post partum and I look almost the same as before, but not nearly as toned.

    liz → {sundays with sophie}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like the perfect Mother's day!! Could Cam be any freaking cuter?!! Oh my gosh those eyes. Ohh the trap of IG and blogging is so strong and bad. It's hard not to get caught up in all the stuff you "need" and it's hard to keep it all in perspective. Focusing on a bigger house down the road and making your house a home is so much more important!

    ReplyDelete
  10. He is so damn adorable. I love it when they start grabbing their toys. Glad you had a wonderful first Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like such a great day!! Happy Mother's Day to you!! & I completely agree with the comparison game - It's a constant thing that I'm reminding myself not to do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy first Mother's Day! What a sweet day to spend with your family. My husband and I started talking about a bigger house too. I think knowing we want another baby at some point makes me anxious to get going on the house search even though we're far from moving. I need to save in smaller areas like you, but it is hard seeing bloggers rocking new fashions. I don't want to be a frumpy mom but also don't want to spend a lot either!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet Mother's Day! How can you not forget about everything else when you look at that sweet face and those baby blues?

    ReplyDelete
  14. looks like such a great mothers day!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have one adorable son on your hands! What a perfect first Mother's Day! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!