Easy Roasted Chicken Recipe

I've been on the hunt for easy chicken recipes to make for dinner for Bill and me. I've been trying to be good about my diet and that includes meal planning and prepping with lots of lean protein and veggies for dinner. 

I came across this recipe for One Pan Garlic Ranch Chicken with Veggies (via Damn Delicious, which is an awesome recipe blog!) and it seemed easy enough for even me to make. I'm here to tell you, it is one of the easiest dinners I've ever whipped up!



All you need is (I halved the recipe since it is just the 2 of us):

4 chicken thighs (with the skin)
4 teaspoons of brown sugar
8 oz of baby red potatoes (halved or quartered)
8 oz baby carrots (I used the bagged kind)
1 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1/2 packet of Hidden Vally Ranch seasoning and salad dressing mix (I used the whole thing...oops!)
1 - 2 cloves of garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While oven is preheating, place your chicken thighs on a cookie sheet. Rub 1 tsp of brown sugar on each thigh, covering all the skin. Place carrots and potatoes around chicken in a single layer. Drizzle with EVOO and sprinkle with ranch seasoning and garlic. Salt and pepper to taste.

Place in preheated oven and roast until chicken and potatoes are cooked through (internal temp of chicken should be 175). The recipe says 25 - 30 mins, but it took me about 40 for the potatoes and chicken to cook through. Then, broil for about 2 mins, or until top of chicken looks caramelized and slightly charred.

Serve immediately and garnish with parsley. Easy as that!

Bill and I absolutely loved this chicken! Obviously, chicken thighs with the skin is not very "lean" per say... But, we had this on a Sunday so I considered it half of a cheat meal ;)

I'm hoping to post about my meal prepping for the week very soon. I've had some success with this so far. I've found that prepping my meals ahead of time takes the thinking out of it which is always a struggle in the evenings!

What are your favorite easy chicken recipes?

4 comments

  1. Damn Delicious really does have the best recipes! This one looks so good and so easy, too - definitely giving it a try soon!! We love doing Budget Byte's Greek Chicken... yummmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving that this is a one pan dish!! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I love how easy and delicious this sounds! I will definitely be making this! Thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Must try this, we're trying to eat better and meal plan too it's always so hard!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!