Weekend Snaps


What a fun weekend it was!

Friday we spent the evening at a friend's house grilling out (well, their grill broke so we had baked burgers! They actually turned out pretty good!). We brought Cam and they have a 1.5 year old. There was also another couple that brought their 2.5 year old, so it was so fun to see the different stages of the little ones and how they interacted. We brought a little bouncy chair and Cam just chilled in it the entire time. He was just observing everything and was so good! He didn't get fussy until around 8 pm when I think he realized it was past his bedtime. I wish I would have got some pics of all the babes! #photogfail

Saturday was spent at Charles Penzone where I spent the day in relaxation bliss! I scheduled my spa day, which was Bill's gift to me for Mother's Day. I had an hour full body massage, a pedicure and a gel manicure. Let me just tell you, if there was such a thing as a 5 hour massage, I would totally splurge for one! I always feel like they are not long enough! 

It was also my mom's birthday weekend, so I had her join me for the manicure part as part of her gift. After our pampering we went to Mongolian BBQ for lunch and did a little shopping. Bill watched Cam for the day, so it was so nice just having a little mother daughter bonding time.

Saturday night was spent with Chinese take out and Mad Men on Netflix (our new obsession and we are almost to season 6 already!).

Sunday we hosted a birthday brunch for my mom's birthday. It was just my parents, grandma and my brother and his girlfriend. I made this sausage egg casserole (which is a staple at holidays and birthdays in my family), fruit salad and coffee cake. AND I made her birthday cake from SCRATCH, butter cream frosting and all! I was so proud of myself! Even though it kind of looked like a 12 year old made it (I went a little crazy with the sprinkles). My Grandma used to make my mom her favorite banana cake with butter cream frosting every year for her birthday and she has since passed the tradition on to me. Perhaps I will share the recipe in another post because it was so delish!

The rest of Sunday consisted of cleaning, relaxing and getting ready for the upcoming week. 

How was your weekend?

I'm linking up with Biana for Weekending!

5 comments

  1. Such a fun weekend! That spa day sounds so fabulous, and it was so sweet to treat your mom for her birthday! Happy Monday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday sounds like heaven!! Totally agree that massages never last long enough and I vote yes to the cake recipe! :) Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressed lady! I am so guilty of always making box cake. I totally agree I would love to have your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The birthday brunch sounds so fun!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun weekend! That breakfast casserole sounds delicious! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!