Lately...

Hi Friends! Remember me?

First and foremost, I did a little revamp of the blog. You like? I purchased and downloaded this premade blogger template and then added a few customizations myself. It's still a work in progress, but I feel as though it is a lot cleaner! 

Secondly, Sorry I've been MIA this week. We had a busy weekend in Bill's hometown for his Dad's retirement party. Camden slept well at their house over night, but did not nap all day on Sunday and was fussy pretty much the whole party. I had him strapped in the Baby Bjorn for a majority of the party which was a life saver! It helped with setting up for the party and also helped during the party so my arms wouldn't get sore. I think he was a little overwhelmed with all the people and commotion. He is also about to pop another tooth, so that could be a part of the reason too.


The retirement party went well and there was a great turn out! Bill and his brother and sister presented a great little speech with a slide show about his father's life and career. They even dressed up for the occasion!


He was looking very Don Draper in his bow tie! :)

I had to do a little outfit change with Camden in the middle because of a wet diaper leaking (note to self: don't use store brand diapers), but he was still pretty cute...


That's Bill's dad as a baby! Looks very similar to Cam!

This week, I am busy getting ready for Cam's baptism on Sunday. We are having about 25 people over to our house after the service and will be grilling hot dogs, hamburgers, etc with some traditional summer BBQ sides. Very 4th of July! Hopefully, I can get the house all cleaned and get everything prepared by the end of the week!

Not to mention, next Thursday we are leaving for our Germany/Austria trip! I can't believe we are leaving in just a little over a week. I'm really starting to get nervous about missing my baby... Trying not to think about it until I have to. 

{btw - this is all I have packed so far... neck pillow, selfie stick and travel books... what else do I need?!}

So, obviously I may be a little absent from the blog for a bit. 
I hope you understand! I'll try to pop in a few times before we leave for a recap of Cam's baptism and possibly a post about what I'm packing for Germany. 

Hope you all are having a great week!

9 comments

  1. Glad the party went well - Bill's dad and Cam totally look like twins!! So cute! Good luck with the baptism prep and can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't they look so similar?! Crazy! Thank you! We are excited for both events!

      Delete
  2. The baptism party will go great!! And your trip is here, so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe the trip is almost here!

      Delete
  3. ahh germany and austria will be sooo much fun!! i am excited to start traveling again when vi is a little older! love the new blog design (just check those pics -- you have a big pin button that goes over them when you hover) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I think I fixed the pin it button size, but I still have 2 pin it buttons somehow? Need to figure out how to delete one!

      Delete
  4. Love the redesign girl!! Also how stinking cute are Cam's little legs! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah the rolls!! He is too cute!! R is getting baptized next weekend so I'll be in your shoes getting ready next week! Have tons of fun on your trip, so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the new blog design! What a fun way to celebrate your FIL's retirement! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!