Remembering Leslie

I found out some really sad news today. Leslie, the author of A Blonde Ambition, passed away this week. I remember finding her blog shortly after Cam was born and loving all her honest posts about being a mom. Her personality really shined through her writing. She seemed to be very bright and witty (with great fashion sense to boot).



She was the mother of two precious baby girls, Caroline (almost 2) and she had her second Ainsley just this past December. I remember reading posts like this one that made me think she is a champion for having 2 babes under 2! But also, that she has so much love for those girls and her family.

The news of her passing really hit me hard. I did not know her personally but, this blogging world really makes you feel like you know someone when you read their words and posts about their lives. I felt as though I connected with her just reading her blog. I wish I would have commented more or emailed her with words of encouragement when she wrote about her heart issues and stays in the hospital. I know there really isn't anything I could have done to help, but at least she would have known that I care.

Thinking of leaving this earth with a husband and 2 babies behind is heartbreaking. I am praying with everything I have for her family. Some other bloggers have shared her Go Fund Me page (to help raise money for the girls college fund) and I am as well, hoping that it helps just a little.

Hug your loved ones a little more tightly today, K? I know I plan to.

As Leslie would say, Be Blessed Lovelies.

4 comments

  1. I haven't read her blog in a long time but, always thought she was a very sweet girl. So sad that she is gone & I can't imagine what all her family is going through. I certainly squeezed Jack much more last night after I found out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still just can't believe it. So heartbreaking. Saying tons of prayers for her sweet family tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't wrap my hands around this devasting loss. I'm heartbroken for such an amazing and sweet family. What a beautiful tribute to a beautiful lady! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so sad. i am so heartbroken for her two babies and husband. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!