Turkey Meatloaf Muffins


I made these a few weeks ago and I'm craving them again!

They are pretty simple to make and were a hit with the hubs. I've been trying my best to eat healthy and keep off the baby weight I've lost (can I still call it baby weight after 8+ months?). So, I've been looking up a lot of recipes for lean protein and veggies. These are also the perfect 'make ahead' meal, so you can keep them in the fridge and heat them up whenever you're hungry. This would also be a great meal option for kiddos!

You’ll Need:
1.25 pounds lean ground turkey
1 bell pepper, seeded and diced (I picked red)
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional, I left this out bc I'm a wimp)
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 zucchini, sliced and diced
1 egg white
1/4 cup oat bran
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp thyme or sage
sea salt & black pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick spray.
2. Mix all ingredients thoroughly and divide into 12 meatballs.
3. Add the turkey meatballs to the muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, until browned and cooked through.

Makes 12 Meatloaf Muffins! I eat them with a little ketchup, delish!

You can throw the rest in the fridge and reheat for lunch or dinner.

Source: http://recipeknead.com/easy-turkey-meatloaf-muffins/

Enjoy!

5 comments

  1. yum these sound tasty and healthy! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love turkey meatballs! These are awesome to have on hand for lunches, too! I like that this has jalapeno in it - I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound so good, easy to make, and healthy! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound so good and perfect for an easy meal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I need to try these!! I still have baby weight to lose almost 9 months later ;/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!