Well, Hello Again!

Hello world! I am back from the trip of a life time! We had an amazing 10 day vacation touring Munich, Innsbruck, Salzburg and Vienna! The photos I took do not even do these places justice. The scenery is like something out of a fairytale. There were hills, mountains, teal blue lakes and rivers and green valleys with the most adorable cottages with flower boxes in the windows. Almost ran out of storage on my phone with all the pictures I took (if you follow me on instagram, you saw a few of them)!

Of course, I am not planning on boring you with every single detail and photo, but I would like to post some recommendations for what to see, eat and where to stay for each city we visited. So, I will split up the posts to each city (4 total). Just in case any of you plan to travel to Germany or Austria in the future. We were with a travel touring company called Trafalgar, which I had never heard before this trip. It was so great to not have to worry about setting up accommodations, transportation or mapping out where to go and what to do/see. They set up everything ahead of time so it really takes the thinking and stress out of the whole traveling process! I highly recommend using them if you plan to take a longer, sightseeing type of trip.

I am still recovering from jet lag and have been spending most of my time snuggling. laughing, smiling and playing with my favorite little man. I have got to say, it was very difficult emotionally to be away from Cam for that amount if time. Thank goodness for FaceTime and international phone plans! Even after seeing his little face and smile on my FaceTime, I still felt a slight heartache the entire trip. I only broke down and cried in public once (at Hofbrauhaus of all places). I was very anxious flying home on Sunday and was so excited to see him when we got home that I ended up waking him up from his crib and just holding him for a bit. He was still sleepy and disoriented and a bit confused. The next morning he was all smiles when he realized his mommy and daddy were home!

Yesterday, my baby turned 8 months! Where does the time go?? I will skip the monthly post this time and may do a 8/9 month update next month. I do want to share his 8 month photos, however! It was a big month developmentally and physically! My baby popped 2 teeth (bottom center ones), started sitting up, army crawling and is starting to stand and walk in his walker! He is starting to look so much more like a little boy then my baby (insert cry face emoji)...






Hope you all are having a great week! 
I'm slowly getting back into the groove!

8 comments

  1. So happy you had a great time! I loved all of the pictures on IG - everything looked absolutely beautiful! And Cam - he's getting so big so fast!! He's such a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's getting so big!!! Happy 8 months!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great time! Your pictures were AMAZING! Can't wait to hear more about it but yay for being reunited with your baby boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is SO cute! and im really excited about your trip recaps! I want to visit all of those places (and your photos on instagram were beautiful!) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful trip!! Can't wait to hear more about it! Cam is getting so big. I can't believe how fast time is flying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little guy is just too cute for words. He makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cam is so stinking cute! I loved following our trip on Insta! It looked like SO much fun and I'm so glad you guys got a chance to get away and explore!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!