Camden || 9 months!


Wow, where the heck have these 9 months gone? Camden turned 9 months on the 20th, so this update is just a week late. Better late than never!

My baby is growing into the most curious, fun loving little ball of energy! He is really starting to come into his own little personality. We know how to make him giggle and that sound is like crack I tell you! We can't get enough!

I didn't write an 8 month update, so I am going to summarize what he's been up to the past few months.

|| Milestones ||

* First nights away from mommy and daddy (TEN while we were in Germany/Austria). He stayed with my mom and dad and he did just great! Mommy was a mess...

* First TWO teeth!! He popped the 2 center teeth on the bottom. I'm pretty sure we are working on the top middles currently. 

* Sits up without support. He loves to sit up now and just scan the room and faces and objects. 

* Starting to army crawl/scoot. Poor baby really wants to crawl, but can't quite figure out the left, right rhythm. He just scoots himself across the floor with both legs at the same time like a frog! It is kind of adorable, but I can tell he gets really frustrated that he can't be more mobile. We are in no rush, so take your time baby!

* Stands with support. Those legs have some power in them! He is starting to stand up with his vtech activity walker and I'm nervous he may start walking with it soon!

* Says "mama" and "dada" constantly. Also, is babbling all the time. So many high pitched shrieks and lots of gibberish from such a little guy. 

* Learned how to clap both his hands and his feet. He actually claps his feet more than his hands and it's the. cutest. thing.

* Went swimming in the baby pool! He loves to splash in the water! I'm hoping to get him to a big kid pool before summer is over.

* Sits in the top part of the shopping cart instead of staying in his carseat. And he is now in the big kid part of his stroller instead of the carseat. 

I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of....


|| Eating ||

He is now taking 4 - 5 six oz bottles of formula per day.

We are also feeding him 2 - 3 meals of pureed baby food and oatmeal. I've slowly started to feed him little bits of mushable/steamed food and some puffs here and there. We just tried a few yogurt melts and he likes them!

We just got the go ahead from the doc to try more finger foods, dairy (yogurt, cheese) and meats! I'm excited to try new foods with him, but also extremely nervous of the gagging/choking... Any tips mamas?


|| Sleeping ||

We had a little bit of a regression around 8ish months. He started waking up in the middle of the night and would just whine and roll around in his crib for a good hour. I never caved and fed him, but I did go in and try to soothe him back to sleep. It lasted for about a week or so and now we are back to sleeping 11 - 12 hours per night (thank goodness). He goes to bed no later than 7pm and has been waking up anywhere between 6 - 7am. As of recent, he's been waking up closer to 6 am, but then gets tired about an hour after he wakes up and is ready for a nap. 

He still takes 3 naps, each about 40 mins - 1 hr per day. I think this just works best for our schedule, so as long as he is still willing to take the 3rd nap, I won't fight it!

Our normal routine is starting to be a little more flexible these days. I've started to just read his cues more than force him to sleep or eat. I think he is in a transition phase, so I'm trying to let him start to reset his own schedule.

I'm so excited for the fall with my baby! Don't worry, I've already ordered his Halloween costume and it's pretty adorable! Charlie our dog may be involved in the costume as well.

We have so much to look forward to... Football season, Halloween, and best of all his 1st birthday! I can't believe we are starting to plan his birthday party. Time is just moving too quickly. It's true when they say babies don't keep!

We just love you to pieces little Cam man!


I'm linking up with Natalie and Annie for Thoughts for Thursday!

5 comments

  1. What a fashionable little fellow you have there!! Glad he did great when you all were aways - in our "future kids" talk we decided that we most definitely still want to get our travel on too.. alone and with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy 9 months!! keep us posted on how you like the walker :) im thinking about getting one for violet. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! He may be transioning to 2 naps ....our Cam just went through this and now naps at 10am and then again around 2am - both for 1.5 hours. I was noticing with 3 naps they were becoming like cat naps so this schedule works so much better and is easier because he sleeps longer! Also, did you ever do the dreamfeed? I am so clueless about how to drop it!! Happy 9 Months Camden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah he is so cute!! I can't believe he is so old already! And I agree with Katie above- after Rowan fought me on 3 naps for a while I finally transitioned him to 2 1.5-2 hour naps and sometimes a catnap around 5 and he seems to be doing well with that!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!