Real Talk || Priorities

Let's get real here. I really want to be an inspiring blogger. Have posts ready to go weeks in advance about how to organize your life, or dress for success or have the perfect home, baby, life, etc.

The truth is, life is catching up to me. I feel as though I make a to do list a mile high everyday and everyday I complete about 2 of those millions of items. I've spent a lot of nights in front of this computer with tired eyes and a glass of wine straining to find some sort of inspiration to write a compelling post with no photos or content to back it up.

Yes, I know... I sound like such a Debbie Downer! I am in no way complaining about the life I have. I'm here to tell you, I feel extremely (dare I say hashtag) blessed. I have a wonderful husband and baby boy. Those are my priorities at the moment. So, if house chores or blog posts or work emails or make up or blow drying my hair or putting on real clothes or remembering to feed the dog or planning our dinner menu or picking up baby toys (which will eventually get chewed up by our hungry dog) doesn't happen....

At least I know I have a happy baby and hubby. Maybe I could put on a little make up for them every now and then?

If I seem a little absent this week, it's because I'm trying to catch up on life!

In all seriousness... I'm trying to find simple ways to make my life feel more, well, simple. Scheduling out my day is the best way to help me clear my mind of all the "what do I have to do today" clutter. I always try to list my top priorities of the day first. Family comes first. Then, health/diet, then work, then our home, etc etc.


The blog is also on my list of daily priorities, but sometimes gets pushed to the back burner. I really want to refocus my efforts on this creative space and outlet of mine, but I need your help.

If you could be so kind and leave a comment letting me know what type of posts you love to read (ie. baby advice, fashion, home decor, recipes, random lifestyle or posts about my life, etc) and also how you stay updated on my recent posts (ie. twitter, bloglovin, facebook, blogger, etc). I really want to keep this happy space of mine alive and well, but I may need to do a bit of tweaking of my daily schedule in order to fit it in. I definitely want to make sure I am still connecting to my readers (you guys!) as well!

Thanks for following along and sticking with me!

7 comments

  1. Thanks for your honesty!
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's totally normal for the blog to fall to the wayside at different points and you've got a lot going on right now! My personal favorite posts are fashion/beauty/home but I think you definitely have to write about what you enjoy - otherwise it won't be fun, which is the whole point! Also follow via Bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your posts about your home and baby boy--my baby is just a month behind yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh friend I'm totally with you. Its SO hard to find the time once you have a little babe, don't stress at all. I love the baby posts because I love following other boy mamas, but you need to write about whatever you want! This is your space! Lately I found that if I take the pressure off of myself to blog constantly its been less stressful and easier to come up with ideas. Don't get me wrong, I still can't find the time, but its progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a struggle and a juggle mama! It's so hard to find balance and fit it all in and you are so not alone in that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Caitlyn on all accounts. It's tough to keep up once you have a little one, and I don't think you should feel bad about it one bit! Love the baby posts and lifestyle stuff and I follow via Bloglovin.'

    ReplyDelete
  7. I echo what the other girls are saying... It's hard to keep up once the babe comes along & that's ok! I love all your different post though! And I've found what helps me is writing down different blog post in my planner for whichever day I want to post them. Keeping my planner out insight helps me a ton in general too! But, don't stress - you certainly don't have to have a blog post up daily! Just make your goal 3 post a week or something & if you go over great but if you don't have time for them then that's ok too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!