Thoughts for Thursday || 20 Questions

I'm jumping on the bandwagon with Annie and some other bloggers recently to answer these 20 questions about myself. I always like to learn more about the bloggers I follow, so I hope you find this to be interesting!

{photo by Jenny Beck Photography, from my bachelorette party recap post here}

A little about me: 
My name is Lindsay and I’m 32 years old living in Columbus, Ohio with my husband Bill, our son Camden (almost 9 months) and our dog, Charlie.

I actually started blogging over 3 years ago with a blog titled “Last Year of Twenty-Something” to document my last year in my twenties. Well, you can guess when I turned 30 I realized if I wanted to continue the blog I should probably change the name. About the time I started this blog (Lovely Life Styling), I tried to start a little side ‘daydream’ career of party planning and styling. I had a few little gigs here and there and even contemplated getting into the competitive world of wedding planning, but landed a pretty good job with my current company and decided that was no longer feasible. I decided to continue LLStyling as a “Lifestyle” blog, sharing about my life, fashion, food, home decor, planning our wedding and now it’s a lot about baby too!

{photo by Together We Click. View all wedding related posts here}

1. Favorite food:  
I’m what I like to call a “closet foodie” so I’m all about trying new things. My go-to meals are always comfort food. I’m your typical Midwestern girl and love my meat and potatoes! But, I love a good fresh salad in the summer too.

2. Flip flops or high heels: 
On any given day, you will find me in flip flops or flats. On a dressy date night or going to a wedding, I will wear heels.

3. Favorite places to shop for yourself: 
Nordstrom, Old Navy, Target, J.Crew Factory, Shopbop (just to name a few)

4. Standard Coffee order: 
Currently loving iced coffee with 1 Splenda and a splash of half and half. In the fall and winter, I’m all about my pumpkin spice or peppermint mocha!

5. Road trip must have snack: 
Chex Mix and Diet Coke.

6. DIY or hire it out? 
I’d love to be better about DIY-ing and saving some money… But, to be honest we are big on hiring out. We even hired a painter for Cam’s nursery, which is tiny…

7. Top 5 TV shows: 
Housewives of (fill in the blank), Bachelor/Bachelorette, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Friends

8. Favorite Book: 
Most recently, Gone Girl. Since Cam, I’ve only been reading baby books! I need to start reading for pleasure again.

9.  Favorite Form of Exercising: 
Running. Currently training for a half marathon in October.

10. How tall are you?
5’3” aka shorty

11. Do you try something new at restaurants or stick to your favorites?
I like trying something new, but have my favorite dishes at a handful of places.

12. One make up item you can't live without:
It’s a tie between under eye concealer (hello mommy dark circles) and mascara.

13.  What's on your nightstand?
A small gold box for my rings and earrings, Moms on Call book, lamp, a small picture frame with one of Cam’s ultra sound photos. At night, my phone and the monitor.

14. What's one thing motherhood has taught you?
Patience! Babies change every day. It’s great to have a routine to keep you sane, but sometimes you have to roll with the punches!

15. Music that reminds you of high school: 
I have to go with Annie on this one and say Dave Matthews Band! 

16. If you could live anywhere in the world besides your current city where would you live?
Probably somewhere in the South, like the Carolinas… But, I really love Columbus and the Midwest!

17. Tell us something about you we might not know: 
My good friend from college and I used to play music for wedding ceremonies. I played acoustic guitar and she plays violin like a pro! I always said she made me sound good, because I was (and still am) an amateur.

18. Websites you read/browse (besides blogs):
Pinterest, On-line shopping sites, facebook.

19. Morning person or Night owl?
I am a night owl by nature, but ever since baby I’ve become more of a morning person.

20. Favorite Breakfast meal:
Good ol’ eggs, bacon and home fries! And lots of coffeeeeeee!

Tag you're it!

I'm linking up with Natalie and Annie for Thoughts for Thursday. 

7 comments

  1. glad to find a blogger from the midwest who appreciates it a bit (sometimes I feel alone on that one ;-) ) I am with you though, something about the Carolinas always tugs at my heartstrings a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for another midwesterner! Loved getting to know a little about you. I have become more of a morning person since becoming a mom too. It's hard to stay up past 10:30 most days. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this and I would have never guessed in a million years that you could play the electric guitar and be good enough to play at weddings!!! How awesome is that ???? I hope you teach Camden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I found your blog! I have a 10 month old son, and we live in Hudson, Ohio. I'm always trying to find other Ohio bloggers. Are you familiar with any Ohio bloggers? Love this idea to get to know each other better. Also, you can't go wrong with a Friends rerun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the cutest! I love that you played guitar at weddings! That is such a fun fact!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog! I'm a Columbus mom with a 9 month old boy, and it has been so nice to be able to read your posts and see what other mom's my age are going through with their babes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree with Annie that I was impressed and surprised by your guitar abilities!!! Love that! And could totally see you doing events full time, your recaps are never missing any details!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!