Fall Basics || Round 1 Recap


I decided to round up a little recap of my fall basic series outfits thus far. As you may know if you read my blog, I am currently working on bulking up my fall and winter wardrobe since I was (very) pregnant last year at this time and did not buy any clothes besides maternity wear. I decided to start with the basics and wanted to share my new pieces with you for your own fall wardrobe inspiration. I plan on continuing to post outfits weekly with monthly recaps until the end of November. Who knows, maybe I will start a winter basics series in December?!

The above photo is a quick snapshot of all 3 outfits I've posted so far including tops, jeans and some of the accessories that I've purchased this season (that will all be on heavy rotation, no doubt). Since I work from home and am also home with my son 2 days out of the week, my dress code is pretty casual. These are outfits I would typically wear outside of the house to run errands, meet up with friends, weekend activities, etc. I have made it a goal to actually get dressed (like, not wearing yoga pants) on the days that I am working from home, so some of my outfits I do actually wear to 'work'. 

When it comes to shopping these days, my goal is to purchase staple pieces that will last longer than just a season. I'm hoping that these items will not only last me through winter, but also into next fall as well! I've placed myself on somewhat of a budget when it comes to shopping, so I try my best to find good deals and save money without sacrificing quality pieces. 

I've linked to the items underneath the collage above and have similar items (plus a few honorable mentions) linked below for more variety:




What are some of your fall fashion staples?

9 comments

  1. I am ALL about the plaid shirts this year - they're so easy to throw on with everything... jeans, leggings, booties, flats and you can even top them with vests or scarves! So versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for rounding everything up! Your outfits have been great inspiration since I also work from home and am determined not to wear yoga pants during the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basics are where it's at!! These are three great outfits for Fall that you can mix and match with!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could live in the cozy shirts like the striped ones and plaid all season long! And of course booties - I can't get enough of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fall basics are the same as mine! Blanket scarves are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the round up!!!! I am so looking forward to being able to actually wear warmer clothes!! It's still too hot in AZ :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute picks! i love all the plaid!!! i bought that striped shirt and i was a litttle disappointed that the back is so long, i kept thinking of the duck tales theme song when i tried it on. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's too bad! I love mine! I like that I can wear it with leggins too!

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!