Friday Randoms

Hello friends! Happy almost weekend! This week has seriously flown by... I feel like I say that every Friday? Anyways, here are some random thoughts for you...

* My new love is the 2+ hour nap. It now happens in the afternoons and it is glorious! Ever since Cam dropped down to 2 naps per day, he has been sleeping like a baby (literally) in the afternoon. On Tuesdays and Thursdays when I'm home alone with him, this 2 hour nap is my savior! Don't get me wrong, we have a great time together! But, mama needs a break to catch her breath too! Yesterday during this said nap I had goals of starting a crockpot meal, throwing in a load of whites, maybe showering... very high hopes... What did I do instead? Caught up with my dvr, ate left over Chinese, flipped through the new Pottery Barn Kids catalogue and scrolled though my phone... It was awesome. The shower can wait, am I right?

* About this half marathon.... Yes, that's happening in a few weeks. Yikes! At least I have cute new pair of nikes (color blue lagoon) to cheer me on as I huff and puff my way through it :/


* Bill and I attended a fancy event last Friday for the Ohio State Alumni Association and I wore this dress from Express. I love the cut and the sheer sleeves. Bill kindly pointed out that it was a navy blue dress and should have been scarlet or grey (OSU colors)... Sorry babe, I like blue dresses! (PS - Doesn't he look dapper?!)


* We finished the dresser!! We've been working on refinishing our bedroom dresser for the past few weekends (and when I say we, of course I really mean Bill). It looks awesome and I'm planning to show it off in our master bedroom reveal after we are done with the decorating, ordering new bedding and nightstands. So, probably not for another few months... I know the anticipation is killing you! :)

* Bill and I have a wedding this weekend and I decided to take a gamble and order a Rent the Runway dress. It's set to arrive today... Say a prayer for me that it fits and looks decent!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!

6 comments

  1. i love those bright sneakers! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those sneakers! I'm so impressed you're doing this run! I can't do that even three years post baby! I love the blue dress, too!! Sorry Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome about Camden's nap!! I think Jack is merging into the 2 naps a day thing (Thank goodness!) and I was just telling Matt this morning (after reading Camden's 9 & 10 month updates) & hearing about other putting their babies to bed earlier & them sleeping through the night. So, I think we're going to try it tonight & see how it goes! EEK! Hope your rent the runway dress fits & you love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Express dress - so cute! And can't wait to hear about your RTR experience, I still haven't tried it for myself but so many people love it! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous in that dress, I hope you guys had a wonderful evening together! You will look RTR, I have yet to be disappointed with my order when it arrives! :) Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, what a dashing pair the two of you make! Love the dress that you picked out. Heck yes to two hour naps, I'm jealous of that routine!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!