Rent the Runway Review


Have you heard of Rent the Runway? It's an awesome online service that allows you to rent designer clothes and accessories for a fraction of the retail price. What's great about it is that you can schedule when it will arrive, you can order a back up size and you don't have to wash or dry clean it before you send it back!

I've tried Rent the Runway a few times now and I have to say that my experience has been very positive. The first time I tried RTR was for a wedding over a year ago and the dress wasn't quite what I was expecting, so I was able to send it back within 24 hours and received a credit on my account. A year later, I finally used the credit! You can read more about their return and credit policies here.

Bill and I went to a wedding in Cleveland this past weekend and I decided to try out RTR again. I had a back up dress just in case, but I had a good feeling about the dress that I ordered. The great thing about the site is that you can look at reviews and photos of other customers that have rented the dress. This is what I really appreciate because it is very difficult to find a dress that fits me well without tailoring. I'm 5'2" and a little on the 'curvy' side so I have to get something that will fit and not be too long. When I came across this Nicole Miller dress (also comes in a pretty coral color), I absolutely loved the style. Then, when I read the reviews and looked at the photos of customers who had rented the dress, I was even more convinced that it was the dress I should order.



This particular dress was so comfortable and was perfect to wear to a wedding! It wasn't too clingy or tight, so I was able to move (dance) and feel comfortable. It was also a really pretty bright blue that doesn't show through in the pictures as well as in person. I loved the lace detail as well.

The return process was so simple! The dresses came in a very nice garment bag that zips up into a package. They provided me with all the return instructions and a return label. All I had to do was put the dresses back in the garment bag, zip it up, tuck the return label into the postage slot on the front and drop it off at a ups drop off spot. I think the most difficult part was just figuring out the closest ups drop off.

You can choose either a 4 or an 8 day rental for a bit more money. I chose the 4 day which was perfect because I scheduled the dress to arrive on a Friday, the wedding was Saturday and then I had until Monday to return them.



I loved my experience so much that I signed up for their RTR Pro account! With the pro settings, I get free shipping, free insurance on all orders and a free birthday dress rental! Totally worth it! :) I can't wait to order my birthday dress in November!

Have you tried Rent the Runway? Did you have a good experience?

PS - I was not compensated by RTR for this post, I just wanted to give my honest opinion on the service! 

7 comments

  1. RTR is awesome! I actually sat next to one of the founders at a wedding before they launched and I remember him telling me what it would be and I thought it was such a great idea. And it really is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't beat a fancy dress for only $30!! It looked fabulous on you! I should have tried it with all of the weddings we had this summer, but I was always so nervous that it wouldn't fit right or something... good to know they give you a credit in that case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never used them before, but am encouraged to use them from your post, gorgeous dress!

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome! I love your dress! I'm def going to have to remember this in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dress and the color. I've never used RTR, but my cousin does and swears by it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this dress on you! I haven't used RTR in years but always loved them when I did in the past

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always have been curious about this service, so now I may have to give it a shot! I love the dress that you picked out.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!