An Easy and Delicious Chili Recipe

image: source

I always look forward to making the first batch of chili in the fall. It is the ultimate comfort food! This recipe is orginally derived from this one and has been altered a bit (I add a jar of salsa instead of adding chopped onions and canned tomatoes) to be even easier to throw together. I like this chili because it has a milder/sweeter taste and you can add more chili powder or jalapenos to add heat. 

What you will need:

* about 1 - 1.5 lbs of ground beef (can substitute with ground turkey)
* 1 family size can of Campbell's condensed tomato soup
* 1 jar of mild or medium chunky salsa (I always use this one)
* 1 can of kidney beans (about 15 oz)
* 2 tbs chili powder (more or less to taste)
* 1 tbs garlic powder (or can add fresh minced garlic)
* 2 tsps ground cumin

optional: extra chopped onion and or chopped jalapeƱos. We always add a few chopped jalapeƱos for a bit more heat.

Directions:

Cook the beef in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat.  Pour off any fat.

Stir the cooked beef and the rest of the ingredients together in a slow cooker.

Cook on low for 8 - 9 hours.

I have also made this in a big pot without the crock pot and just brought it to a boil and then let it simmer for about 20 minutes or so. It's just so much better when you let it cook in the crock pot all day! And the smell in the house is amazing! 

Don't forget to add your favorite chili toppings. Mine are shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and Frito's corn chips!

Enjoy!

What are some of your favorite go-to fall meals?

6 comments

  1. This looks insane! Girl your photography skills are something amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I did not take that photo! I linked to the source. I wish I was that good! And yes, the chili is delish!!

      Delete
  2. Delicious! We can't get enough soup like meals right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm one of my favorite comfort foods! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm heading out this afternoon to get chili ingredients. I have a favorite recipe, but this one seems more simple, so I'm going to need to try it! Do you have a white bean chili favorite recipe? That's next on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Literally eating chili for lunch today!! YUM!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!