I have an 11 month old...


I'm in serious denial (possibly why this post is a few days late)... My baby can't be 11 months? Didn't I just have him?

This also means that his 1st birthday party will be happening in less than a month. #help!

I have the invites addressed in the mail. There have been cute little packages with monkey decorations arriving at our door almost daily (it's going to be sock monkey themed!) and I have his little birthday outfit all planned out. I've truly enjoyed starting to plan this fun day. But, I can't help wishing that this month would go by at a snails pace. I just want to enjoy my baby being a BABY!

Just the other night I thought about how I may not be able to hold and rock him in his rocking chair while I feed him a bottle in the morning and at night much longer. I just love holding him that way, just like I did when he was a newborn. Pretty soon he will push away from me, holding his own sippy cup.... sigh...

Here are a few highlights of the past month:

* Cam is pulling up onto furniture and some of his standing toys (baby einstein play table and v-tech walker). He also LOVES our 2 stairs we have in the family room. We have a sunken family room and when I put him down to play in that room now he goes straight for the stairs! If you follow me on snapchat (@LindsayRumple), you probably have seen a few snaps of this in action! Thank goodness he has not found the basement stairs yet!

* He's also been standing up in the crib at night. Almost every night after we put him down, he will immediately stand up in his crib when we leave and whine for a while. 

* He has also mastered the art of throwing his paci out of the crib and yelling for us to come and get it. Of course, I give in every time... I know the pacifier weening needs to happen soon... recommendations welcome!

* He is so curious! He has to hold and touch anything new that he hasn't seen before or things he knows he can't have including dog toys, shoes, remotes, etc. Curious Cam!!

* He popped another tooth on the bottom and it looks like a fourth is coming through. Still no signs of uppers as of yet. 

* We've definitely been more adventurous with food this month. I've been starting to feed him more protein in the form of eggs and some chicken here and there. He loves shredded cheese, banana, mini pancakes (we love these), puffs, yogurt melts and any of the baby food pouches. We've also been steaming/roasting veggies and cutting them into bite size pieces for him to eat. Our favorite veggies are butternut squash (Trader Joe's sells BNS already chopped! All you have to do is roast it!), zucchini, broccoli and carrots. 

* Naps are still one shorter one in the mornings and a longer one in the afternoon, but the times vary depending on what we are doing that day. Bedtime is still around 6:30-7pm. 

* He has definitely gone through somewhat of a growth spurt in the last month or so. I feel like we completely skipped over the size 12 mo clothes right to 18 mo! Most of what he wears is 12 - 18 months.

* Some of my favorite moments this month have been seeing him light up when he sees children, animals and any family member. He smiles so big and makes the cutest little noise! It's pretty close to saying "hey!!!"

* He also waves hi and bye! And sometimes does it without coaxing, randomly which is the cutest!

* Another new favorite is his little swaying/dancing he does when he hears any music. This started with the Mickey Mouse Club House opening song and the Hot Dog song at the end. Now he does it when he hears any music! 

* My favorite sound in the world is his belly laugh. I wish I could bottle that sound up to keep forever! He loves to play 'peek-a-boo' in any situation and setting. He is ticklish under his arms and around his neck. He loves to watch daddy and our dog charlie play chase. It is always guaranteed to get a good baby belly laugh!

Although the days with him can get exhausting (talk about marathon training!), I would not trade these days for anything! I love watching him grow and learn! And I can't get enough of those baby cheeks and squishy thighs! 

Please stay a baby forever my little monkey! #cryface


The onesie he is wearing in his 11 month picture was purchased on our Germany/Austria trip! I decided he needed to wear it before it was too small! Our little Octoberfest baby! :)

I'm linking up with Natalie and Annie for Thoughts for Thursday!

8 comments

  1. ahh he is getting so big! i cant believe he is almost a year old!! :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a doll he is! I can't wait to see what you do next month for the one year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 11 months! My little guy just turned one year, and it is definitely hard to watch them get bigger, but each phase brings such fun with it (the silver lining). Hope you have fun with the party planning! Can't wait to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really cute 11 month old!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! His big blue eyes oh my goodness! I feel the same way with my daughter, 2.5 and my son 6 months sometimes. I just look at that and think, no you can't be this big! My daughter loved the v-tech walker. I think it was that that finally gave her the confidence to walk surprisingly. Oh, the paci game. My daughter did the same thing! We ended up weaning her at 2 years but until then, she I kid you not, 10 pacifiers in her crib. She needed one in both hand and one in mouth. We figured that the higher pacis/ sq ft in her crib would help her sleep better!

    Annie- All Things Big And Small

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! His big blue eyes oh my goodness! I feel the same way with my daughter, 2.5 and my son 6 months sometimes. I just look at that and think, no you can't be this big! My daughter loved the v-tech walker. I think it was that that finally gave her the confidence to walk surprisingly. Oh, the paci game. My daughter did the same thing! We ended up weaning her at 2 years but until then, she I kid you not, 10 pacifiers in her crib. She needed one in both hand and one in mouth. We figured that the higher pacis/ sq ft in her crib would help her sleep better!

    Annie- All Things Big And Small

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's so cute!!! I cannot believe how fast these 11 months have gone by. I am in serious denial about having a one year old in 2 weeks :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww Lindsay this makes me sad for you!! I looove his onesie - It is so stinking cute!! So exciting all the fun stuff he's doing! I can't wait to see how his party turns out! I love the theme!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!