Weekending + Recent Purchases

Another fall weekend that flew by! I was feeling a little under the weather with a head cold end of last week and this weekend (sorry for the lack of posting), so we didn't do too much. One thing that I was determined to accomplish was decorating our front porch. We didn't make it to the pumpkin patch this year, but I'm hoping we can take Cam next year when there may be more of a chance for him to remember the experience. I was able to get a cute picture of him with some pumpkins, so that makes me happy. Thanks to our local Home Depot, we got pumpkins, straw and mums for our front porch. I also picked up this festive door mat at Target. My heart was so happy! 

That was pretty much the highlight of the weekend, other than watching football and spending some quality time with my boys. I'm starting to feel a bit better now and Cam is showing no signs of catching what I have/had, thank goodness.

We also worked on baby proofing the house now that we have a mobile baby! He is crawling and pulling up on everything and of course goes stright for what he shouldn't! We also dropped the crib matress to the lowest level because he's been standing up in his crib... He's growing up too quickly (que the cry face emoji)!!

Another highlight of the weekend was this awesome mail day I had at the end of last week:


Each of these items were under $30! The red crossbody bag (also comes in black and white) is almost an exact replica of the Rebecca Minkoff 'mini MAC' crossbody bag. I have been coveting so many RM bags, so when I saw this one on F21's website I knew I had to snag it! I also decided I really wanted a satchel bag. They seem to be the current handbag trend and I'm not ready to fork over a lot of money for one at the moment. When I saw this satchel bag (also comes in black) I thought I could try this one out for a while to see if I like carrying it before I splurge. 

These leopard heels are so perfect and the price is just right! I have been eyeing this Halogen pair for a while and this pair from Target is a pretty close match, but priced over $70 less! 

So here's your Save vs Splurge for the week:







I'm linking up with Biana for Weekending. 
I hope you all had a great weekend!

13 comments

  1. i love that satchel! its so cute. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fall mat, I've been meaning to pick up a welcome mat that's more fall friendly than our current one. And I cannot believe how similar the target and halogen pumps are.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the fall setup on your porch! Nothing beats a good mail day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe all of your finds! They are all exact look alikes! I hope you're feeling all better and have a great week mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So smart of you to try the save version of the satchel before committing to the higher end item!! Glad to hear that you're feeling better and love that photo of you and Cam! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did have an awesome mail day! Can't believe the price of everything!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your door mat! Such a cute fall setup you have. I need to get our pumpkins soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are almost identical but the cheaper one might not be as comfortable. I love the price but my question about low-priced shoes is always "Can i walk in them?" :-)
    I found you via Bianca's linkup and I'm following you now on the blog and social media. I hope you'll pop over and do the same. I hope you'll find something to love there too :-)
    http://runwright.net/2015/10/12/a-5f-kind-of-weekend/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shoes are surprisingly comfortable!! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  9. I totally thought that really was a RM bag!! Such a great dupe! Your front porch looks awesome, too! So glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your front porch looks great!! I'm glad you're feeling a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute stuff! Love your porch♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your fall mat from Target and all your goodies - especially those leopard pumps :)

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!