Weekending

It was a cozy fall weekend that flew by so quickly! Bill's parents were in town Friday and Saturday, so we spent a lot of time just at home with them. I think they really enjoyed the quality time with little Cam man. It was chilly and drizzling most of Saturday, but the men were able to complete a few house projects and rake leaves. Bill and his dad actually got a new toy (a leaf vacuum/shredder) to help clean up our lawn. It works pretty well! 

Saturday night we were able to sneak away while the grandparents watched Cam for a date night! I always look forward to our fancy date nights when we have the chance to get out. 


We went to dinner at Oscar's in Dublin. The food was phenomenal! Neither of us had ever been to Oscar's before and we were very impressed. It's a pretty non-assuming place on the outside, but inside it has a nice bar and dining area. I ordered the scallops with cauliflower mash and green beans. The sauce with the scallops was a sage browned butter with almonds and capers. So amazing! Bill ordered the fillet with blue cheese, mashed potatoes and a wine sauce. Of course, we also enjoyed a few glasses of wine because #yolo. 


Of course, now that we are old a few glasses of wine equals a next day headache. Since when did I become such a light weight?! So we spent the majority of the day in our PJs, but we were able to get out of the house for a nice walk around the block. It was a gorgeous day! 

+++

I can't believe it is already Halloween week! I picked up a few goodies at my local Target last week to help get me in the mood. I've been so obsessed with Camden's outfit, I hadn't really planned anything for myself?! I think I may use those devil horns... in a creative way :)


How was your weekend?

I'm linking up with Biana for weekending!

8 comments

  1. Your dinner out looked amazing - I could go for that meal right about now lol! And girl I'm such a light weight - one and done over here! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having family visit is the best and the date night looks like such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great date night and the food looks delicious! I'm such a light weight these days. I've taken to drinking beer lately because 3 glasses of wine is like a full blown hangover the next day haha. My 22 year old self would be ashamed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dinner looks so good! I can't believe it is Halloween week as well! Good thing I ordered my ears for my "costume".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for date night!! That food looks incredible! And yes, I cannot even believe that it is Halloween week (or that November 1st is on Sunday) - crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting so excited for halloween! I need to go pick upsome candy haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for date night! I can't believe Halloween is this weekend - can't wait to see the little guy's outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Date nights are the best! I can't wait to see little Cam's cutie costume!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!