Camden's 1st Birthday Party
















We made it a year people!
My little monkey was just the perfect little angel at his 1st birthday party!

We were a little worried about the turn out since it was a cold, rainy day and an OSU football home game day (which is big around these parts), but we had a full house of family members and friends! A lot of our friends brought their little ones too so it really felt like a birthday party!

I had so much fun planning and decorating for his party. At one point I thought "do I have enough sock monkey things?"

Ha! I think I bought everything I could find online that had a sock monkey theme. It was such a fun theme to work with and so easy to pull off. We even had a little sock monkey decorated smash cake! As you can see from the last few photos, Cam was not shy about digging into his cake. He was a little cautious at first, like "Are you sure I'm allowed to have this?"

After his first mouthful of icing, I think he was hooked! We got so many great gifts and toys from everyone too! No duplicates or anything we already have which is amazing! I can't wait to share with you some of the new toys Cam received. 

I didn't get a great photo of the food spread, but I made this pizza monkey bread that was so good! I also served "monkey meatballs" (just regular Italian meatballs in the crock pot with chili sauce and grape jelly). My mom made "monkey tail" pasta salad (spiral pasta) and a tropical fruit salad. My mother in law made a banana chocolate cream trifle that was to die for! 

My best advice to give to those of you starting to plan a 1st birthday party (or any party for that matter), don't try to do EVERYTHING! I had so many ideas of what I wanted to do, but decided to pair down to a few cute ideas that would really stand out and make an impact. You can get so lost in on the etsy and pinterest sites until you get dizzy! I picked a theme and tried to stick with it. I made a few decorations myself, but also relied on vendors for the more detailed items (like cookies, cake, balloons, etc). Know what you're capable of and do what you know are your strengths. At one point I thought "I could totally make his smash cake?!" Boy am I glad I wised up! I actually ordered his smash cake from our local grocery store and the price was not bad at all! 

All in all, it was such a fun day and I'm so glad we got to celebrate with our close friends and family!

Sources for decorations and party items below:

'Happy Birthday Camden' banner | DIY (supplies from Michael's)
circle garland | DIY
'ONE' high chair banner | DIY
sock monkey stuffed animal | amazon
candies in vases | Party City (vases were my own)
sock monkey wrapping paper table runner | zazzle
silver '1' balloon | amazon
red polka dot balloons | birthday express
monthly photo frame (so many compliments on this one!) | Pottery Barn kids (gift from my mom)
sock monkey cookie favors | Nanny & Weebs: cookie by occasion (local vendor)
sock monkey smash cake | Giant Eagle (local grocery store)
'1' candle | Party City
Dr Seuss Happy Birthday To You! book | amazon (find the free guest book printable here)
sock monkey knit hat | etsy shop cozycutecrochet
sock monkey personalized tee shirt | etsy shop mimisbabies
invitations (not pictured) | etsy shop PNArt


And that's a wrap people!
I'm still recovering from exhaustion, but it was oh so worth it!

7 comments

  1. You outdid yourself this looks FABULOUS! What a sweet celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab party and I love the theme! You did an amazing job mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously ADORABLE!!!!!!!! What a great theme!!!! Still can't believe he is 1!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeee the monkey theme! So so so cute! Happy first Birthday, Cam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should come and plan my next bday ;-) That looks like a fabulous party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not a detail was missed! Wow!!! Great job mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness gracious, every detail is amazing! I love the theme! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!