Fall Basics || October Round Up



If you've been following along with my Fall Basics series, you know that I am currently working on bulking up my fall wardrobe 'capsule' if you will. In the month of October, I purchased a lot of what you see above as an 'investment' (that's what I'm telling my husband). Some items are on trend, and some are just classic pieces that I know I will wear again next year.

Here's a round up of my Fall Basics staple items from last month:

1 || This long sleeved striped tee is a staple in my weekly outfits. I currently love the stripes and plaid combo, so it pairs perfectly with my plaid scarves. This striped tee is so comfy and it's less than $10!

2 || THE perfect tunic. I wore this for our family photos and I've worn it a few other times last month as well. It's perfect to pair with leggings or you can tuck it in for a more polished look. I love this tunic so much, I'm seriously contemplating getting it in white and a few other colors. This really pretty blue color is on sale for less than $26!

3 || The quilted vest is a must have for fall. The one I got from Old Navy is a bit less bulky than the puffer vests from J.Crew factory, so it's more just to polish your look. This puffer vest from J.Crew factory is on my wish list for this month now that it's getting a bit colder!

4 || A cozy blanket scarf. If you follow me on IG, you know I am a big fan of the blanket scarf! This particular one is still out of stock, but I've linked to several other similar ones below...

5 || A good pair of leggings is also another must for fall. I love layering tunics and over sized sweaters with leggings and boots! Nothing better!

6 || A neutral tote/satchel bag. I bought this one from forever21 with the intentions to 'try out' the satchel style bag to see if I liked carrying it before I splurge on the one I really like. I'm so used to shoulder bags and crossbodys that I was afraid I wouldn't like this style. However, I've been using this one almost everyday and I love it! I like the structured feel and look. And the price tag is very friendly (less than $30!). 

7 || Red crossbody bag. As soon as I saw this bag on forever21's site, I knew I had to get it! It is almost an exact dupe of the Rebecca Minkoff 'mini mac' crossbody bag and I love that it gives my dull fall color outfits a pop of red!

8 || Leopard clutch (on sale for $15!!). Of course, I would love to own this leopard clutch, but this one is a more budget friendly version. It's the perfect date night clutch!

9 || Leopard pumps. I've wanted a pair of leopard pumps for a while and when I saw this pair at target, I had to snag them. I love the fit and style of these pumps so much and they go with so many different outfits!

10 || Hunter boots. It's almost embarassing how often I wear these. It's been a bit rainy and chilly recently, so I have loved having these to run errands, grocery shopping, etc. Definitely an investment that is worth the money! (PS - Apparently, Nordstrom is price matching them to Costco's price of $79 for the original tall boots. I am not a Costco member, so I am unable to buy them at this price. I believe you have to be a member of Costco and they have to have the correct color and size you want. But, then why not just buy them at Costco?!)

The items I already had in my closet were the Hunter boots, leggings, tunic (bought in September) and the quilted vest (also purchased in September). The rest were all new purchases this month. I'm working on a November wish list of items I'd like to add to my closet (and because my birthday is coming up!) that I will post soon! 

Shop all the items above plus similar items here:




Happy Fall Shopping!

PS - Can you believe it's November already??

6 comments

  1. I FINALLY got that tunic this past weekend and cannot wait to wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All such great staples! I love the color palette of this round up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want alll of the J Crew puffer vests! Love them! And SOOO good to know Nordstrom is price matching the Hunter boots - I have a black pair and wear them all the time so wanted to get green, but I've been to 3 Costcos and can't find them! Apparently they're only at certain ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes yes to all of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These posts have been so helpful, you even convinced me to buy a couple things for my fall wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!