Weekending


Well, Cam's first Halloween is in the books! He was the cutest Elmo I've ever seen! We had our trick or treat in our neighborhood on Thursday, so that's when he spent most of his time in the fury costume. Surprisingly, he didn't mind it at all! It was a bit chilly, so I'm sure it kept him warm!

I also had the guts to DIY a cookie monster costume for our dog, Charlie. Although, you may not want to look too closely, it was just enough to get a good photo of the two muppets together.


Cam had a fun time watching the other kids in costumes come to our door. I think he was very curious about this fun holiday! We didn't actually take him to any houses, but we did stop by my parents' house and they gave him a few pieces of candy for his bucket. :)

One of my good friends had a day time costume party for all the kids on Saturday. There were 10 babies/kids there all under 4 (the oldest being 3 year old triplets)! It was so fun to see all the babes in there little costumes. We reminisced about how just a few years ago we were having costume parties for ourselves and going to bars downtown for Halloween. Boy, how times have changed!

On Sunday, we completed a few house chores and took a little family outing to Babies R Us. I have been wanting to get Cam a new convertible car seat since he's pretty much at the max high for his infant carrier now. We ended up buying the newest version of the Graco 4ever All-in-1 convertible car seat. We debated over several different ones, but we liked the safety ratings, reviews and the fact that it comes with a booster seat attached. 

While we were there, we also picked up this eye sore for our house...


It is totally worth it! He kept himself busy for a good 30 minutes while I did dishes and cleaned the kitchen last night. And we opted for the play mat that looks like hardwood and it almost matches our floors exactly!

Yes... this is the most exciting thing about my weekend these days... How was yours? 
Please tell me you went to some awesome costume party and sipped on cocktails and rubbed elbows with someone famous...

I'm linking up with Biana for weekending!

9 comments

  1. Cutest little elmo I ever did see! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest elmo ever! And I didn't even see the wooden playmat until you mentioned it! It really does blend in. We got Sophie the colorful one and it really worked for us all the way until she was close to 16 months and then she attempted climbing out of it. So that stopped that.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. he really is the cutest elmo!! How adorable!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww i love his costume! so cute. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness - the cutest costume/Elmo I've ever seen! Glad you guys had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously that is the cutest! My sisters kiddo last year had a similar costume and she didn't want to wear it because she kept on saying "no tickle me" ;-) Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THE cutest Elmo ever! I love that play floor! It's perfect and the pen/gate is such a necessity. It's also handy for rowdy pups during future play dates! We go trick or treating super early and then a few grown ups end up at our house for adult beverages while the babes play until they're exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww glad Cam had a good first Halloween! Him and the cookie monster looked adorable! We had a huge plaything like that when Brady was a little puppy and it was so ugly and so big, but it was also so necessary to keep him confined so we could do little things like vacuum or sweep, haha!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!