Christmas Recap

Hello! Thank you all who commented on yesterday's post! I actually (knock on wood) felt ok for most of the day today, so I'm hoping this pesky 'morning sickness' is going away...

I wanted to post a little recap of our Christmas. We still have Bill's extended family Christmas on the 2nd, but here's what we were up to during Christmas week...


I was happy enough to get our tree and our stockings up this year. I did buy some new Christmas decor for our dining room, but never got it to the point where I felt it was photo worthy. I do love our white stockings against our brick fireplace though! We will have to make room for another one for next year! The little "C" one is for our dog, Charlie :)


My mom got Camden the cutest little monogrammed 'Merry Christmas' bib! He wore it all day on Christmas eve and helped me finish wrapping our presents. 


We went over to my parents' house for Christmas Eve. Every year, my mom serves the best cheddar potato soup with all the toppings and there is just a spread of finger foods like shrimp cocktail, cocktail weenies, cheese and crackers, etc. I always make home made chex mix to add to the spread. 

(sorry, this picture isn't the best quality... I forgot to bring over my good camera!)

After dinner, we typically open gifts on Christmas Eve. We've been doing this ever since I was in college just because there were no other kids in our family and my brother and I wanted to sleep in Christmas morning ha! I think maybe next year when Cam is a bit older and understands a little better, we may switch this tradition. 


We spent our Christmas morning at home and we had a few presents for Cam to open. This vtech smart shots sports center was the big gift. I also got him some clothes and bath toys. We didn't go over board on his gifts because he got so much for his birthday last month!


My parents, brother and his girlfriend came over to our house for Christmas brunch. I set a very festive table! I had an idea of getting flannel, plaid fabric and making a table runner, but I ran out of time. So, instead I used one of my plaid blanket scarves as the runner! It actually worked out great! Use what you have people! The holiday plates and glasses were both gifted to us from our wedding and they had yet to be used! So, I was happy to break them in. 

After Christmas brunch, we all got ready to head to Bill's hometown (about 2 hours from Columbus) to celebrate with his family. We had Christmas dinner with the Rumples and enjoyed a leisurely evening of watching Christmas movies and drinking egg nog! Cam was so excited he had a bit of trouble going to sleep at his grandparents, but he finally settled down around 9pm. 

The next morning we all stayed in our PJs for a while and just spent some quality time together. We opened some gifts for the kids as well. Cam's aunt and uncle got him this awesome tunnel and tent from Ikea! He had the best time crawling through it! He also got some clothes and sound books from his grandma and grandpa and a toy bulldozer from his other aunt and uncle. 

I'd say, Cam had a very successful Christmas! And the best gift of all... He is going to be a big brother! :) 

How was your holiday week?

5 comments

  1. Sounds like Cams first Christmas was a huge success!! I love the table you set for brunch - it's beautiful! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a perfect Christmas with sweet Cam! That sports center is genius, might have to put that on R's birthday list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blanket scarf as the table runner is completely brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They definitely deserve applause for the nice selection of bread and the service at this place which was good from start to finish. The mass produced filet was too good. This is the best place for hosting great events. The Los Angeles venues can accommodate as many as 850 guests or as little as 50.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!