Hello 2016!


Can you believe we are already 4 days into 2016?! 

This year will bring a lot of change for us. We are not only preparing to add another bundle of joy to our home, but we are preparing to expand our space to accommodate our growing family! We have started the process of de-cluttering our house in preparation for listing it on the market. I'm hoping we can move while I'm in my second trimester (while I still feel ok and have the energy), which will give us enough time to settle and 'nest' in our new home before the baby arrives. 

So, this year is going to have a theme. The theme is to 'SIMPLIFY'. I want to simplify my life in all areas. Starting to clean and de-clutter our house has made me feel so cluttered inside. Why did/do we have all this stuff. Sure we need more space, but we do not need to fill it with unnecessary items. It feels so good to rid our lives of these things that are cluttering up our space!

The goals I have for the new year are pretty general and I'm sure you may have similar ones. 

Eat Healthy & Plan Meals || This one is something I really want to work on this year. Now that I'm out of my first trimester (14 weeks yesterday!), I'm hoping this nausea is on it's way out. My appetite has been all over the board the past few months. I'm hoping to get back on a regular eating, cooking and planning meals schedule each week.

Work on Time Management || This one is going to be pretty important this year as well. It's hard enough to find the time for myself or keeping up with house chores with a very active 1 year old, let alone TWO babes under the age of 2! I will have to work on preparing a good schedule ahead of time to make sure I can work in things like work, blog, house chores, preparing meals and exercising!

Include Exercise in my Weekly Schedule || This is part of the time management. I've really fell off the wagon after the half marathon in October. Once I found out I was pregnant I haven't really taken the time to work out. I haven't been feeling the best nor have I had the energy to go to the gym, but I'm hoping that will change as I go into the 2nd trimester and hopefully get a burst of energy!

Minimize and Simplify Life || I already briefed you above on why it's important for us to be de-cluttering our house. I'm hoping when we move into our new home to have a fresh start! 

Create Memories for Camden and our Family || I really want to start planning events and creating memories with our family of 3 while it's still just the 3 of us. 

What goals do you have for the new year?

PS - We find out gender of baby #2 tomorrow! I can't wait! I will definitely share once we have shared with our family and friends! Any guesses what we are having?

8 comments

  1. Yay to so many exciting things going on!! Fingers crossed your house sells quickly! I'm guessing girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, to simplying - I'm hoping for the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many exciting things are in the works for this year. And I totally missed you're pregnant again - CONGRATS!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Tomorrow! You need to tell me when you find out! I think it's a girl!!! :) Also, we're also talking about expanding our space and possibly moving this year. Not sure when the time will be, but we shall see! SO many exciting things!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh you certainly have a huge year ahead of you and I am so excited for you! I think you have amazing goals and have them laid out so well that you will accomplish everything you want to, and if you don't, that's more than ok because you're balancing so much so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great goals!! i cant wait to find out what you are having ;) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. These all are great goals! Good luck on the gender reveal tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!