Life Lately...


It was a whirlwind weekend to say the least. Instead of driving out to Chicago with Bill last Wednesday afternoon like we had planned, I ended up flying in Friday morning since Camden and I were still getting over our nasty colds. On Friday we saw 8 houses in the Naperville area and a few in Plainfield (neighboring suburb to Naperville). We've narrowed it down to one house we think will be perfect for us, so just trying to finalize everything for an offer!

Saturday morning we had a listing appointment with our realtor and finalized paperwork to get our home on the market this week. We also had the cleaners come on Saturday afternoon to do a deep clean of our entire house (totally worth the money!). Yesterday morning the realtor's photographer came to take photos of every room in our home. Talk about pressure to get your house clean when you know there will be photos online and open to the public! I think we did a pretty good job of tidying up considering how busy we've been! 

Although it's been a pretty stressful week (and throw in this really annoying head cold), I am really starting to get excited for the upcoming months and the big changes to come. I can actually picture our little family growing in this certain house and for some reason it just feels right. At the same time, I am super anxious and nervous about leaving behind my close friends and my parents who have been such a huge help with Camden over the past 14 months. I told my mom that she needs to move in with us for a few months after baby #2 comes! And I am not joking! I'm all about asking for the help this time around.

I really do want to start getting back into a routine and normal schedule. I even have a few ideas for posts up my sleeve and now that I'm starting to feel a bit more like myself, I'm hoping to finally publish some of them.

I'm also extremely excited to share this new journey our family will be starting very soon! Stay tuned! xoxo

8 comments

  1. Fingers crossed for you on the house! You have SO many exiting things going on right now! And definitely, absolute, 100% ask for help, especially with two kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yahh i'm so excited for you! i hope you get that house, it sounds perfect. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you guys!! Naperville is such a cool little town and not too far from the city at all! Fingers crossed all goes well with both houses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. House hunting is so exciting! I feel like I always have zillow and realtor.com open on my computer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naperville is such a great suburb, I think you will be happy there. Fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your blog and also love the very modern, funk photo you used at the top. I hope you have been able to sell your house and have managed to put the changes in place. Keep imagining your dream home, I'm sure you will find it soon. Manifest your dreams. Good luck with everything!

    Elton Rousseau @ Hancock And Partners

    ReplyDelete
  7. How thrilling. A second baby coming into a home is a fantastic experience. When my wife and I had our first child it felt like we were a couple with our baby but for some reason the second child just made us feel like a whole unit, one big family. All the best on the new journey you are on.

    Jefferson @ T.J. Lamb Real Estate

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great update on everything going on! I am very glad to hear that you have narrowed your search down to one specific house. I really hope you get it and that you enjoy many years there. A thorough cleaning is a great idea right before getting pictures of your house. I bet that will really help with selling!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!