Nasty Colds + a BIG Announcement!

(thought I'd throw in the photo above to symbolize the fact that I've been in my PJs for the last 3 days...)

So, I'm going to sound like a broken record here but I am sorry for being MIA from the blog recently. Cam and I BOTH have come down with nasty colds over the weekend and have been hibernating the past 3 days. I feel so bad for Cam because he can't blow his nose and hearing a one year old coughing is just the saddest sound in the world! We've had a few rough nights of him waking up and having coughing fits. I've tried everything from the cool humidifier in his room, sitting in the steamy bathroom, saline spray, warm baths, etc etc. I'm hoping we only have a few more days of this hot mess express!

This week is going to be busy because we are not only hoping to get our house listed this weekend (yikes!), but we are also planning to take a trip to Chicago to look at homes and neighborhoods for our move.... 

That's right... You read correctly... We are moving to CHICAGO! 



Well, most likely a suburb of Chicago. Bill received a job offer we couldn't refuse which will be based in and around Chicago, so we decided as a family that it would be the right time to move. If we had kids in school, it would be a lot more difficult to make this decision. However, since we have at least 4ish years to worry about Cam and his brother going to school it will be perfect timing. There may even be an opening in his new company back in Columbus over the next 3-4 years that could potentially bring us back, but for now we are excited for this new journey. 

Our goal right now is to be moved into our new home by late Feb to early March, so we do still have some time to prepare. 

With that being said, I've been a little side tracked with not only trying to get us healthy again, but also finalizing plans for our house and the trip to Chicago. I still have a few blog posts scheduled for the week, so stay tuned!

Thank you for continuing to follow along! I will have so much more to blog about in the upcoming months with our move!

17 comments

  1. What exciting news!!! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited and SO jealous! I love Chicago (and the burbs) so congratulations!!! Please let me know if you need or want any input.....happy to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! That is so exciting!! Congrats on Bill's new job!! I hope you & Camden get to feeling better soon - it is going around here too & it is NO fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Congratulations!!! We loved Chicago and I know you guys will, too! Nick and I both worked in the suburbs (me in the Northern and him in the Western) so we're really familiar with those areas if you have any questions! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! Moving while prego isn't easy, I can't imagine having a toddler too, good luck to you mama! Take all the help you can get! And enjoy house shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHH CONGRATS!! I grew up in Illinois and lived in downtown Chicago for almost 8 years. what suburb are you moving to?!!? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, congratulations!!! What an exciting time for you and your family. I was born and raised in a suburb of Chicago, so I hope you love it as much as I did (my family is still there, I'm now in northern Wisconsin). It's a great place to live. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what?!?! omg! you do have a lot on your plate-I totally thought you meant by move...like you know, 15 mins away Cbus style. haha! WOW! I give you credit girl-you've got so much going on so don't apologize for the lack of blog posts! I hope it goes smoothly for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you're feeling better soon and best of luck with the move. My husband and I both grew up in the Chicago suburbs (Naperville)... there are so many great suburbs around the city!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the move! Such exciting news! Hope you both are feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations - so exciting to hear about the move - can't wait to follow along with the change!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!! CONGRATS!!! that is seriously so fun and exciting!!!!!!! I absolutely love Chicago and can't wait to follow along on your new adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting!!!! Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahhh so excited for you all!! Congrats!! Not sure where you are all looking but we have good friends that live in Park Ridge, IL and they have two little boys around your boys age and absolutely love it! Easy commute into the city but family friendly too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so so cool. My husband and I also love Chicago. It would be a great move. Sorry to hear about your son, those nasty colds can be a real downer. I always use vapour rub on my chest and it really clears up the sinus. I hope the move into your new home is a smooth one. Thanks.

    Vanessa Walters @ Stellar Movers

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope you are both feeling better. My one year old has been battling a bad cold, too. We actually took him to the hospital because we were scared of him becoming worse. Luckily, he is healthy again. Also, good luck with the move. I wish you all the best on your new adventures.

    Martin Moran @ Buyers Agent San Antonio

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!