Things that make me happy...


January was such a whirlwind of a month and February is shaping up to be more of the same. One good thing about this month is that Camden and I do not have horrible colds anymore (knock on wood!). That was not fun! However, we are still dealing with house selling/buying paperwork, negotiations (almost through the inspection negotiation process) and planning for the BIG move at the end of the month. Also, this pregnancy has been somewhat of a roller coaster ride the past few weeks. Just when I think I'm feeling better, the next day I will feel awful again. I'm taking the prescription Diclegis for nausea and vomiting (specifically for pregnant women) and it seems to help, the only downside is the main side effect is drowsiness... Which so happens to be the main side effect of being pregnant and taking care of a toddler! So, I get a double whammy of tiredness. I'm hoping I can start weening myself off of the medicine since I seem to have started to feel a bit better this last week.

Again, sorry these blog posts are all over the place! I think once we get settled in the new house, my main goal will be to establish a routine and work on time management.

In the meantime, I'd like to focus my attention on things in my life that make me HAPPY and excited! So, here's my current list...

1. Fresh flowers from Trader Joe's do not disappoint. The beautiful bouquet of spray roses you see in the above photo? $7.99!! So, if you want to drop some hints to your man about the great prices on (Valentine's Day) flowers at Trader Joe's, now's the time ladies! I've been buying a bouquet or 2 each week to display around our house and it has definitely lifted my spirits!

2. We had a brief moment of Spring-like weather last week that allowed me to leave my hunter boots in the closet and break out my comfy nike sneaks. I also was able to run errands with no coat! This week looks like it is going to be back to winter like weather, so I'm glad I was able to enjoy that one 'warm' day while it lasted!

3. Speaking of winter weather, I just received these hunter boot socks in the mail this weekend and just in time for the expected snow we will be getting over the next few days. They are soooo warm and just make me feel extra cozy when I wear my boots.

4. My baby belly has really started to POP! I feel like I actually look pregnant now instead of just being int he 'chubby' phase. I'm really excited for this part of the pregnancy, bit do not look forward to the aches and pains that come with the growing belly!

5. We've narrowed down our name list for baby #2 to about two strong name choices. I think we may wait this time to announce until baby boy is here, but it is fun to think about names and it makes it so much more real!

6. I've started to scheme up some ideas about baby #2's nursery. I can't believe we will have to outfit and furnish an entire new nursery! I've got a solid color scheme and a few little decor ideas in mind and may post some ideas over the next month or so. I've also started to think about changing up Camden's room since we are moving. He will keep all the same furniture, but I'm thinking about adding different colors to his room since he's more of a toddler now. The white, light blue and silver room just seems too soft and calming for his little personality now lol!

7. Really, thinking about decorating a new house makes me happy. It's going to be a lot of work and will take some time to get it to where I'd like it, but the process will be fun. I'm looking forward to sharing my decor updates!

8. Spending time with close friends before we move! We went to Hofbrauhaus this past weekend with a group of 16! It was the perfect place to casually sit and chat and eat. I've been so lucky that such a big group of my close college friends all live in the Columbus area. We've been able to stay in touch all these years after graduation and still get together about once a month. It's really starting to hit me how far away I will be from them when we move. The good part is that we have a phone chat group (we use the app 'Whatsapp') to keep in touch daily! I will definitely be utilizing the app when we move to stay in touch with my girls.

9. Speaking of which, while I was at Hofbrauhaus enjoying my root beer and listening to polka like music, I actually felt the first real kick from baby #2! He must have liked the music... and the root beer! :)

10. Spending Valentine's Day weekend with my love(s). He has been traveling a lot for training in his new position, so I've been cherishing our laidback weekends together. We don't really have any set plans for Vday, but I just look forward to spending the day with my little family who are my whole heart! :)

So, tell me... What's making you happy at the moment?

Shop the post:


9 comments

  1. All great things and I'd be so giddy to decorate a new house - SO FUN!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yah! im glad things are moving along with the house!! so excited for you :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you and the move! It's such a great feeling especially when the nesting stage is kicking in at the same time! Ok, I am totally a little jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trader Joes has the best flowers for the best price!!! Decorating has to take the nervousness away - so much excitement for you right now! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you're not feeling so hot! Flowers always brighten my mood as well! Those are so beautiful especially for the price point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe, these all are wonderful things that are making you happy! Glad to hear that the cold has subsided, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fresh flowers seriously are the best! Love that you've got nursery ideas and names narrowed down - so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All such great things!! So excited with your big move and can't wait to see what you do with the nursery and Cam's new room! Trader Joe's always has the best flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trader Joe's has the BEST flowers! So pretty and so cheap!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!