Our Week in Review

I've decided to start posting a little review of our week every Friday (in place of a weekend recap), since it seems our weeks are more exciting than our weekends these days. Here's what we've been up to this week...


* Well, it was a big week for Camden (and for his parents). He started daycare 3 days per week and we've all been slowly adjusting to this big change. When we were in Ohio, my mom/parents watched him 2 days a week and Bill's mom/parents watched him one day a week so I could work and run errands. Now that we live further away from family, we had to look at some daycares as an option for childcare during the week. 

Drop offs have been a little difficult (mostly for me), but the smile I get when I pick him up is so wonderful! I love the reports and photos I get at the end of each day. It amazes me that they track eating, sleeping, activities and take photos of each child through out the day and send a full report to each parent/guardian everyday!

Of course, daycare does have it's downsides... On Wednesday night Camden woke up about 10:30pm throwing up and it lasted until after 1am. Seeing your baby get sick like that has to be one of the saddest things in the world. I just basically sat in the bathroom, holding him with a towel to his mouth for a while. We finally put the pack n play in our room with a towel down instead of sheets and he went to sleep about 1:30 and slept until 8am (which is late for him!). I'm not sure if it was the stomach bug or just something he ate? Bill and I feel fine (knock on wood), so I don't think it's that crazy contagious stomach bug going around. But, who knows! I kept him home on Thursday to recuperate and then took him today for a make up day since he was feeling much better.

All in all, our experience so far with his new daycare has been so great. The staff there is amazing and is one of the reasons we decided on this place. I plan on posting about finding a good daycare and what to look for in a daycare very soon!

* We had our window treatment consultation and are hoping to get them professionally installed in the next few weeks. We went with some white wood, 2" blinds for most of the bottom floor. We will be installing curtains in the dining room and most of the upstairs bedrooms after we paint (don't worry our bedroom and Camden's have temporary window treatments!).

* I made this crock pot lasagna and it was a hit! It was seriously one of the easiest crock pot recipes I've tried. I've been craving all kinds of pasta and Italian food, so it really hit the spot. I served it with a big salad and some garlic bread on the side. That's about as far as I got with making dinners this week.. I am struggling to find the time and energy to cook these days! Trying to get better at planning meals!

* Even though I am really trying to limit my spending over the next few months to focus on house updates, I had to take advantage of a few sale items I've had my eye on for a while from Nordstrom. I ordered this tunic in olive (on sale for $27.90! I also have it in the wine color and LOVE it!) and this cowl neck sweatshirt tunic (on sale for $28.80!) which looks super comfy. Both are non-maternity and seem to be bump friendly, so that's a plus! I'm hoping these are the last few cooler weather clothing purchases I'll make this season! Bring on the maxi dresses, t-shirts and shorts!


* Lastly, I finally got my hair highlighted and trimmed. It had been since before Christmas! I was nervous going to a new salon and hairdresser, but I LOVE the results! There's something about a fresh hair do that makes you feel so much better, am I right?

Well, that pretty much sums up our week! We are just going to have a low key weekend again. Maybe work on a few house projects, grill out if the weather stays nice (it's been in the 50s / 60s here), maybe take Camden to a park or explore our new town! 

Hope you all had a fabulous week and happy weekend!

7 comments

  1. ugh that it is definitely one of the downsides for sure of daycare! However, it will hopefully help strengthen his immune system! So glad to hear it was short lived though! Nothing worse then seeing your little one sick!!! Enjoy your weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby Cameen! Hopefully he was just adjusting to all of the new germs and will now be good to go! I hope you guys are loving Illinois!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Cam!!! I'm glad he's liking daycare so much and it will get easier and easier for you I promise! I love white wood blinds, such a great choice! I can't wait to see more house pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best with daycare. I hope your son loves it and thrives through having other baby friends around.
    And I hope you are able to relax and trust the process. It will get better.
    http://runwright.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that everything is going well with the new daycare - that's so nice that they take photos and send you reports at the end of the day! I had no idea that that Nordstrom tunic was on sale again - I have it in two colors and may have to get more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like Camden's new daycare is great! Sorry he got the stomach bug already :( that's the worst part about preschool this year is that Miller brings home all the germs! The house updates sound so fun, can't wait to see more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I forgot to ask-where did you get Cam's shoes? They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!