Our Week in Review

Although, the weekend and beginning of the week were shot due to the plague of 2016, I will say the last half of the week ended quite nicely. 

* We had our paint consultation and I am so excited to get started with the paint process. Since we basically want to paint our entire house, it will take the crew a full week to get it finished once they start. We are hoping to pick out colors and finalize plans this weekend! I think a fresh coat of paint will make a world of difference! (PS - Yes, we hire painters... I guess you can say we aren't big on home DIYs...)


* I have succumb to the Easter candy... I was doing so well with resisting, but that huge seasonal candy isle at Target finally got to me. Anyone else binging on Easter candy this week? Just me?

* I made crock pot chicken nachos this week, which is always a hit around these parts. I simply throw in a few frozen chicken breasts, a jar of salsa and I cut up some extra onions (bc my husband and I both love them). I set the crock pot on low and let it cook for at least 4 hours or so. Then, I shred the chicken with 2 forks. To make the nachos, I pile a plate full of tortilla chips, melt some shredded cheese on top and layer on the shredded chicken, some extra salsa, sour cream, etc. So easy, delicious and filling!

* I decided that our little kitchen area needed some Spring time pep, so I grabbed some pretty flowers from the grocery store and also got these placemats for our kitchen table. Oh, and I picked up this happy mat for our front door. It's amazing what a few little brightly colored decor and fresh flowers will do for your spirit!


* How horrible is it that I did not dress Cam up in anything green yesterday? I have been so focused on his Easter outfit that I completely forgot about St. Patty's day! He seriously only has grey, blue, red and striped clothing in his closet...oops! #momfail

* My parents are in town for the weekend which I am super excited about! We are hoping to even have a date night this weekend while they babysit! It's been too long!

* I'm starting to get really excited about warmer weather. Spring and summer are just around the corner now. Camden can not wait to try out his new pool :)


Hope you all had a great week!

Happy weekend, friends!

4 comments

  1. Hiring painters is definitely the way to go, especially when you're doing the entire house! So much easier and less stressful. Love the new spring decor you picked up too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painters are a necessity!! Can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a better week than last! How exciting about getting your house painted - what colors are you going with? I'm jealous about your Easter candy binge - I've been holding off for as long as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can't even control myself around the Cadbury eggs - I'm addicted! Just picked up a new bag today actually haha. Hope you guys had a good weekend, can't wait to see what you do with the paint colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!