Transitional Pieces for Spring


It's officially spring! Which means, it's time to start incorporating some spring fashion into your wardrobe. Late March and April are typically still pretty chilly around these parts, so in order to be prepared for the chilly weather, it's important to layer up top. 

Here are a few items to have in your spring fashion wardrobe this season:

1. Lightweight button up shirts and cardigans - I'm loving the gingham and buffalo check shirts for the spring season. This Old Navy shirt is light weight enough to wear over your favorite tee for layering. Having a variety of lightweight, button up cardigans in your spring closet is a must. I'm loving all the spring colors of this Halogen three quarter sleeve cardigan.

2. Blazers - I love the look of a fitted blazer over t shirts or even tank tops with jeans. It's a stylish way to dress up the everyday outfit! This chambray blazer from J. Crew factory is on my list as well as this lightweight, knit blazer from Old Navy.

3. Military jackets - Another spring trend that I love is the military style jackets and vests. They are so versatile and can go with almost anything. I love this cotton twill military vest and this 'Outsider' field jacket.

4. Denim jackets - This is one item I do not have in my closet for the spring, so I'm hoping to find the perfect one soon. Denim jackets can be worn with so many different outfits. They can be worn with dresses, skirts, jeans, etc. The key to wearing a denim jacket with jeans is to make sure your denim isn't the same wash or color. I love the look of a denim jacket with white jeans (like these). I love the look of this Madewell jacket, but may opt for this less expensive J. Crew factory version.

As far as jeans go, it's time to put away those dark wash skinnies and pull out your white and light washed, distressed denim. 

What are your favorite transitional pieces for spring?

Shop the post:



6 comments

  1. Yes yes yes to all of these! I wear my military jacket nonstop during the fall/spring and thinking I need to pick up a vest option now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I consider all of these "staple items" - must haves year round! I love JCrew for blazers and button ups.
    http://classiclifeofcait.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously on the hunt for a great military jacket and a few more light weight tops since it's not quite as warm as I'd hoped yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the denim and military jackets so now i need the white jeans and a few new cardigans! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought a military vest from Target yesterday and can't wait to style it. Loving that buffalo check shirt from Old Navy, too. Great roundup!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!