Life Lately

(Before and after of our family room and fireplace. Wall color is SW Popular Gray and white wash on the fireplace is 2 parts water, 1 part primer)

So sorry to be MIA from the blog last week. It was a crazy week with the painters here and of course, Camden came down with a double ear infection and an awful cold the day they started. Luckily, my parents were in town (Bill was out of town for work most of the week) to help during the chaos. He is slowly on the mend now, but still has a lingering runny nose and cough. I on the other hand, caught whatever he had over the weekend and have been feeling miserable ever since. I swear, I have been sick more times this pregnancy than I have in my entire life! I guess that's what I get for having a toddler in daycare and having a low immune system while pregnant. I feel like whatever he gets, I get it twice as bad. I finally went to the doctor yesterday and found out I have a sinus infection...ugh! So, I was prescribed a safe antibiotic to help clear the infection. Hopefully, I will be back to normal soon!

On the bright side, the weather has been so nice the past few days! We've even been able to play outside and take walks at night! Hallelujah! We had some visitors over the weekend and it was so nice to be able to enjoy the nice weather with them. (Thanks for the pictures below Aunt Angie! :) 



And this week marks my 29th week of pregnancy! Hello third trimester! I finally ordered some things for baby #2's nursery last week. We just had this dresser delivered and I ordered these adorable animal prints (that are waaay less expensive than these). We've also decided to move Camden's glider to the baby's room and get him a big comfy reading chair in it's place. I still need to order the black out curtains and the crib I have in mind, but we are getting there!


I'm catching up on work and life this week, but have some fun posts scheduled for the blog. I know I owe you guys "A Day in My Life - SAHM style" and hoping to get it posted soon!

Hope you all are having a great week!

10 comments

  1. I hope all of you are feeling better soon! Your fireplace turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how your fireplace looks!

    Being sick in general is no fun, but being sick and pregnant is even worse.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww. Being sick with a kiddo is THE worst, I can't imagine adding being pregnant to that too! I hope you get to feeling better ASAP. Loving the fireplace redo and Yay for nursery progress! Have a great day mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the fireplace looks SO good!!! i am so happy to hear that it's warming up in illinois too! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fireplace came out awesome! I hope you feel better SOON!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh sorry to hear you aren't feeling well - hope you're on the mend soon! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love home before and afters, your fireplace looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw that bump!! So cute! Hope you can kick your infection asap and I love the paint!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm obsessed with the color palette that you picked for your fireplace! Hope you're feeling better! Xo, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!