Week in Review

This week was a pretty productive one. We finalized our paint colors for the house. The painters start on Monday and could possibly take all week to finish! We are having them paint pretty much the entire downstairs, upstairs hallway, our bedroom and bathroom. It will be a big job and is the first big project we will have completed with the new house (besides getting blinds put in a few weeks ago). I can't wait to share a few before and after photos! There will be a lot of little projects over the next year and hopefully early next year we will start the kitchen renovation. I'm excited to share the progress with you guys!

Besides that, I decided it was time to spend a little money on some spring shopping. I've been so good about not really buying anything for myself since we moved. Bill and I have put a budget together for tackling house projects and of course, having another baby isn't cheap! Thank goodness for Target prices! Each piece I got (pictured below) is under $30! I also picked up some new make up / beauty products that I'm excited to try out. I will post a review soon!

dress (not maternity) | denim jacketbagsandals (only $19.99!)

Oh, and I added a few links to my side bar to the right. I've added a few recent post links and a "shop my closet" widget so you can view what I've purchased recently along with a few staple items and accessories in my closet (which include the items above). 

I did really well with the meal planning this week! I am very proud of myself. On Monday I made this cheesy enchilada rice skillet on Monday. It was really good and I think next time I'll add some cooked chicken to it for more protein. But, it was really filling on it's own! We had plenty of left overs for the next day. Wednesday I made this slow cooker maple dijon chicken and broccoli. It was so easy and the chicken was delish! I plan on making these oven baked fajitas tonight which will be an easy weekend meal!

Yesterday, I had my glucose test which was about as fun as a root canal... Ok, it wasn't that bad and I've never had a root canal so I can't compare. It's really starting to hit me that we are actually going to have another baby soon! I feel so behind on getting ready for baby #2. His nursery right now is just a bunch of tubs with Camden's old clothes and baby things in them. I'm really hoping to start to get my act together over the next month. I've got some ideas on furniture for his room and have a few items on my wishlist that we need to just pull the trigger on already. 

Last Saturday, we took Camden to his first swim lesson and let's just say he wasn't too thrilled about getting in the water! The instructors did say that it was normal for his age to cry a little off and on the first time, but that it would get better each time he went. Hoping tomorrow will be better!


This weekend my parents are visiting which I'm very excited about! We don't have any big plans, but it will just be nice to have them around to help out with Camden and a few little house projects.

Hope you all had a great week and happy Friday!

5 comments

  1. I was looking for that bag at my Target yesterday after seeing your post, but couldn't find it - I may have to order it online because it's so cute! Hope the glucose test comes back okay! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. horray for visitors!! have fun with them! and i need to enroll violet in swim lessons this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your house paint colors! I loved all your target finds, that purse is calling my name. Hope you had a nice weekend with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awh, hopefully he starts to like the pool soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good week! I always love to see the transformation after house painting!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!