April Beauty Favorites


I realize we are almost a full week into May and I'm just now getting around to posting my April favorites! Sorry for the delay!

As you may know, if you read my March favorites post, I am working on amping up my make up/beauty and skin care routines. I've never really been one to splurge on make up or skin care because I never felt the need to do so before I turned 30. I would always rather spend my money on clothes or accessories, etc. Now that I am in my 30's (ughh..) and am a mom of soon to be 2 under 2 (double ughh...) I have been focusing more on keeping my skin looking younger and covering up those nasty under eye circles (ya heard?!).

Over the past month, I've made a few beauty purchases that turned out to be winners! There was actually just one that was so-so...

So, here were my favorite beauty products this past month:


1. stila 'stay all day' waterproof liquid eyeliner - I am an eyeliner queen. As in, I can't leave the house without eyeliner! I have tried so many different kinds and brands and finally decided to splurge on this eyeliner after reading so many positive reviews. I'm so glad I did because it is awesome! It really does stay all day! The thin tip allows me to draw a precise line and the liquid comes out so smooth. Definitely worth the price!

2. NYX mineral matte finishing powder (in light/medium) - I have been looking for a new setting powder and I randomly picked up this one while browsing at Target. I typically only use a BB cream on my face during the day instead of foundation, and this powder helps to set it and leaves my skin with a more 'mette' look.

3. e.l.f. Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder (in 'Turks and Caicos') - Another random Target purchase that turned into a winner. I don't really contour on a daily basis, but I use the lighter shade as a blush and sometimes I'll use the darker shade to bronze and contour. I love the slight shimmer it gives to my cheeks!

4. Sugar tinted lip treatment SPF 15 (in the shade 'sugar nude') - This was another splurge I bought this month after reading all the great reviews on this product online. I chose the nude shade so that I could wear it more everyday. I love that it has SPF protection and it goes on so smooth! Leaves my lips feeling like butter! I leave this one in my purse and have it on hand all day!

5. NYX butter lip gloss (in the shade 'fortune cookie') - Yet another random Target find! I love this lip gloss and also use it in tandem with my Sugar tinted lip treatment for a more glossy feel. It is the perfect nude color for spring and summer.

My 'so-so' purchase was this Too Faced melted liquified long wear lipstick. I like the applicator and that it feels more like a lip butter than a lipstick. However, the color I got (which was 'nude') is actually a more dark mauve color that is slightly too dark for my skin tone. It could be a shade I might wear on a date night or special occasion, just not everyday. 


Last, but not least, my honorable mention is my new acrylic make up organizer! I was so sick of rummaging through my make up bag everyday, that I decided to get this organizer so I can see everything. We have more counter space now in the bathroom, so it fits perfectly on my side of the master sink.

Have you tried any of these products?

Happy Friday friends!

Shop the post:


8 comments

  1. I have a set of Stila's shimmer eyeliners and I wear them daily. Black, navy, purple, brown, olive green. They glide smoothly and are beautifully muted.
    I don't use them on my waterline/lower lash line. Did that once and had an itchy eye from the shimmer!
    I love the organizer! I don't have the counter space but just may be able to fit one on my desk...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with those NYX butter glosses! They're so great and you can't beat the price. Also picked up that same organizer earlier this year and it's so nice to not have everything just thrown in a drawer, but sitting out all pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the make up organizer! I have been thinking about getting one but I have a 4 year old girl and I'm afraid having it out on the counter is like an open invitation for her to just help herself. I've also been looking for something to finish my face in the morning, I'm not a foundation wearer so I am going to try that NYX product!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blush/contour powder sounds great! I would love to try a less expensive version before splurging on something else! Great suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your organizer! The girl at Ulta talked me out of the Stila eyeliner for something else and I wasn't loving what I got, so now I know I definitely should have gotten the Stila!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NYX butter glosses are some of my favorite lip products, so glad that you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your organizer - makes everything look so feminine and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That makeup organizer is so fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!