Pregnancy #2 Confessions



I confess... That I am physically ready to have this baby at week 33. I'm feeling like this belly is growing by the minute and getting heavier everyday. I hate the feeling of not being physically able to do normal day to day chores/tasks without being out of breath. (Of course, I really hope to make it all the way to week 39 of my scheduled c section and that we have a healthy baby!)

I confess... That although it would be so fun to have a girl, I'm glad we are having another boy or else I probably would have spent our life savings on a new wardrobe for her. It's kind of nice to use all Camden's old baby clothes again.

I confess... I am so nervous about being a stay at home mom. I am one of those people that needs down time daily to function and I just don't see a lot of that happening with 2 babes under 2!

I confess... That I totally took living close to my parents for granted when we were in Ohio. They absolutely loved watching Camden. We took a trip to Columbus this past weekend and stopped by Bill's hometown/parents' house on the way there and back. Camden got a lot of grandparent quality time and I got a lot of help which was so nice!

I confess... Being pregnant and having a toddler is seriously tough. As in, I'd rather run a half marathon again than chase around a toddler all day with a huge belly... I am constantly out of breath when I'm watching him. He is always on the move! Not to mention carrying a solid 25 pound child up and down the stairs everyday! He is really good at going up the stairs, but we are working on going down.

I confess... I've been sick about half the time I've been pregnant this time around. The first trimester was rough with 'morning sickness' (aka all day sickness). The second trimester and over the past few months I think I've been sick more times than I have been in the past 10 years! I've had a few bad colds, one that turned into a sinus infection and have had the stomach flu TWICE! I blame daycare germs from Cam, low immunity during pregnancy and the stress of moving. I'm praying I will stay healthy for the next 6 weeks!

I confess... On that note, I haven't gained as much weight as I had at this point with Camden. I know it's because I'm chasing around a toddler and being sick so much doesn't leave me with much of an appetite. At one of my appointments last month I actually lost 3 pounds (it was right after my sinus infection) and my doctor told me to get a milkshake on the way home. That will probably be the only time I will hear those words from any doctor!

I confess...
 I'm so over wearing maternity clothes. I feel gross in everything I put on. I'm so ready to wear normal clothes again and feel somewhat like myself!

I confess... I'm still nervous about my blood pressure spiking during the last few weeks of pregnancy like it did with Camden. My blood pressure had been normal all the way up to my week 37 OB appointment when it spiked. I was induced that week. I/we didn't really have time to think or mentally prepare for the induction, labor and ultimately ending in a c section delivery. I thought for sure I would go late like my mom did with my brother. I'm really hoping to make it to my week 39 scheduled c section with no BP issues!

I confess... I'm really nervous about breastfeeding this time around. I had trouble getting Camden to latch and ended up exclusively pumping for about 5-6 months. It was not what I had planned and pumping was so time consuming! Now that I will be at home with a toddler, I just don't think I will have the time to pump and clean/sterilize bottles all day. Just cutting out the cleaning of the bottles and pump parts alone would save so much time! I'm really hoping it works out this time! Bill and I attended a 3 hour BF class recently and I'm so glad we did. I feel so much more confident this time and it seems the resources at our new hospital are so much better than the ones I had in Ohio.

I confess... I'm really worried about how Camden will react to having a baby brother. He is in such a clingy, 'mommy' stage right now I just know we will have lots of tantrums when I'm holding/feeding baby 2 and can't pay attention to or hold him. I'm hoping with the grandparents' help the first few weeks, he will slowly get used to it.

I confess... It's really hard for me to fathom loving another child as much as I love Camden. I know everyone says your heart just grows with each child. Even though he has his moments, I'm really loving this stage he is in. He's so smart and curious! I love that we can actually communicate and he knows what I'm saying for the most part. I'm really trying to soak up these last few weeks with just him!

6 more weeks to go until we meet baby boy #2!!

11 comments

  1. Just a reader here, never commented before. But, wanted to suggest using the Medela shield! Not sure if you tried this with #1. In case you didn't, I highly recommend! It made nursing possible with both of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I did purchase a shield for this time. I hadn't tried it before!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the picture at the top of your post today!! IT is beautiful!!! Hang in there!!! One piece of advice!...I would say the first two weeks I was home with Brody, Jeff gave his full attention to Cooper. That way Cooper still felt the love and attention and got to see Jeff ooh and aww over Brody and mocked him.Just felt like that helped Cooper get used to not being the center of our attention :) You will be surprised how well Camden will do! So excited for you! It is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Great advice! I am definitely putting Bill in charge of Camden duty when baby 2 is here!

      Delete
  3. Girl, I am right there with ya! So over my 5 outfit rotation and being out of breath just from picking up around the house, haha. Praying that you stay healthy these last few weeks and that it goes by quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, can't wait for normal clothes and being able to do normal tasks! :)

      Delete
  4. I can't even imagine at this stage in my life being pregnant, let alone chasing another kid around while being pregnant! I give you major props. Even though you don't feel too good about yourself, you look fantastic! You would never know that you're sick of maternity clothes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry that you haven't been feeling that great this time around and hoping that the sickness stays at bay for the rest of the time!! It's awesome that you are able to reuse camden's clothes!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right there with you on being physically ready! I can't wait to not have the extra weight in my belly and to huff and puff up and down the steps. All worth it in the end! I love that both of us are in black and blue earrings in our posts today, haha! We got this- not much longer for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being pregnant with your second is like nothing else, it is TOUGH! You're doing a great job and you look amazing! Drink your milkshake, and realize you got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Lindsay! I'm with you on SO many of these... I would be spending my life savings on girl clothes too if I wasn't having another boy. Also, I worry about being a SAHM to two little ones without family around. You look fantastic, although you may not feel it and I'm wishing you all the best these last few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!