Father's Day + Baby 2 Update


It's been one of those weeks. I totally thought I had everything under control. Bill left for a 3 day work trip (his last over night trip for the next 6 weeks) on Monday and I was planning to take Camden to daycare Monday through Wednesday to give my very pregnant and tired self some relief during the day. 

Well, Camden came down with a fever on Monday while at daycare, so I picked him up early. Luckily, it seemed to just be a 24 hour bug because he was back to normal the next day. Then, on Wednesday at my 37 week OB appointment, my BP was high and they had to run a few tests. Luckily, I do not have preeclampsia at this point. My doctor suggested that I try to take it easy and be on 'modified' bed rest (no strenuous activity) for a few days. I go back today for a follow up. I'm hoping we can make it to the 28th for baby 2's scheduled c section! 

I ended up being induced at 37 weeks with Camden due to high BP and we weren't really prepared. Bags weren't packed and I was hoping to make some freezer meals before he came. Well, the same scenario is happening again! I feel like it's deja vu! 


Luckily, Bill is home now. We were able to take Camden to daycare yesterday and today so Bill can work and I can rest and finish up some preparations for baby 2 (#nesting). 

We probably won't have a very exciting Father's Day, but he deserves so much more than I can give him! Bill has been such a great partner not only in life, but also in raising Camden. I have no doubt he will be an amazing father to TWO boys as well! He works so hard to provide for our family and he deserves to be celebrated this weekend!


When I asked him if there was anything specific he wanted for father's day, he responded that he needed some new clothes (to my surprise). The man never buys clothes for himself! So, hopefully we will go shopping for some new things for him. Other than that, we will probably just lay low, spend quality time as a family of 3 and continue to prepare for baby 2 to arrive. 


I am so excited and anxious for this next phase of our lives to start, but I also want to enjoy these last few moments and memories as a family of 3. These photos were taken back in early October, just a few weeks before we found out I was pregnant! Camden was only 10 months at the time and I'm realizing, just looking at these photos, how quickly he's grown over the past 8 (almost 9) months!

I have a few posts in the works before baby 2 arrives. I have a post started sharing my feelings about becoming a SAHM and why I want to continue blogging. I also have another set of Newborn Essentials all about products to help with feeding. Things might be a little sporadic around the blog for the next few weeks. I know whatever happens over the next week and a half is God's plan and out of my control. Whenever he decides to come, we are so excited to meet this new addition to our little family!

(photos by the wonderful and talented Jenny Beck Photography in Columbus, OH)

I hope you all had a great week!
Happy Father's Day weekend to all the hard working Dads out there!

2 comments

  1. You have a lot on your plate right now and I hope you're feeling ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying everything goes smoothly for you in these last few weeks, girl!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!