Living In the Moment...








This past weekend my parents came in town to visit. I am loving the grandparent support we have and I know we are so lucky to have the family support we do. They don't even complain about making the 6+ hour drive to get to us. 

With only about 3 weeks until baby #2 will make his arrival, I am feeling anxious, excited and physically so ready to have this baby outside of my body instead of in. It is getting more and more difficult to chase after my very busy 18 month old who will not stay in one spot for a minute. I took for granted my ability to get him in and out of his car seat and crib, carrying him upstairs and generally anywhere. Now, these simple tasks make me feel light headed and out of breath.

I know this part of pregnancy can be the most physically tolling on the body and the last few weeks can feel as though they drag on forever. I'm trying my best to live in the moment and really soak up these last few days and weeks when we are just a family of 3. I'm trying to give Camden as much of my undivided attention as I can as I know that will change drastically once baby 2 is here.

I am also trying my best not to be hard on myself when I look at these pictures. I know I am growing a little human being inside of me. Of course, my first reaction is straight up criticism of my growing body and I know that's so wrong of me, but I'm being honest. I miss the days when I could go running for an hour and feel good about myself physically. I miss being able to fit into 'normal' clothes like my jeans, tops, dresses, etc. I know I will work on getting my body back in shape post baby, but I also know how it takes time. I know I need to be patient.

I'm trying my best to live in the moment and enjoy the 'now.'

There are so many women out there that would love to be in my shoes and be pregnant. So many that are trying or have tried and lost. I know I am lucky and I need to be grateful. This may even be the last time I am able to get pregnant or will be pregnant (the jury is still out on that one), so I'm trying to embrace it and enjoy this time.

Soon, my babies won't be babies anymore and I will long for the days when they needed me so much. We will get back to a sense of 'normal' in a few years when the crazy 'baby' days are over. I'm sure we will look back on this time fondly and also think about how fast the years have gone by. To quote Gretchen Rubin, 'The days are long, but the years are short.'

I'm glad we were able to capture this time of our lives with a few photos over the weekend. And if you made it to the end of this post, give yourself a pat on the back! Sorry for my emotional rambling... I blame hormones! :)

8 comments

  1. I have to say when I looked at your pictures I just kept thinking "Wow, she looks great!" - don't be so hard on yourself. The black dress is stunning on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post Lindsay!!!! Ps..you look gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning pictures and post - you're totally right and I struggle with contentment constantly! A great reminder that this all goes by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, all I think when I look at these photos of you is how fabulous you look! PS - you just got your hair done right? The color turned out great! I'm sure this can be an overwhelming and emotional time, but I think you have the right idea to just try to embrace all the little moments and live in the now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh you look gorgeous, mama! The last few weeks are SO hard, I can't imagine chasing a toddler too! Hang in there! Also I can't believe how big Camden looks all of a sudden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great, lady! And seriously, these last couple of weeks are going SO SLOW. I have 10 days left (although probably more than that haha) and I'm about to lose my mind. Just trying to stay busy, but you're right, it's important to soak up this time with our families as we know it now because soon things will change forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing and looking amazing mama! It's so hard to be pregnant and have a little one, honestly one of the hardest things. You should be patting yourself on the back everyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing, seriously! Camden is precious!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!