May Beauty Favorites


Oh, hi June! You came up quick!

It's time for my monthly Beauty Favorites post for the month of May. Last month, I made a few new beauty purchases that included this Origins eye cream, this NYX color correcting under eye concealer,  and this Chi iron guard thermal protection spray. I also continued using a few of my favorites: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind dark circles concealer and Jergens Natural Glow tanning lotion.

1. Origins Ginzing Refreshing Eye Cream - Last month I decided it was time to start focusing on brightening my under eye area. Obviously, sleep is getting difficult as of recently and I don't see it getting any better in the near future (after baby arrives!). This eye cream helps to brighten and de-puff the under eye area. I have been using it in the morning after I put on my daily moisturizer and before my concealer. It seems to be helping the concealer stay longer and helps to reduce creasing under my eyes.

2. NYX color correcting under eye concealer - I have been watching random YouTube videos about how to conceal dark circles under the eyes and this color correcting concealer had been mentioned a few times. The orange tone helps to counteract the blue color under and (for me) in the corners of the eyes. I have really fair skin in and around my eyes, so there is a lot of bluish hues that show through my under eye and inner eye areas. I dab a small amount of this concealer over the blue areas before I put on my regular concealer (see below).

3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind dark circles concealer - I believe I've mentioned this concealer before and I know it's such a popular one (for good reason). If nothing else, I would put on this concealer and mascara if I was low on time. That's how much I love it!

4. Chi Thermal Iron Gaurd Protection Spray - I just recently bought this protection spray and use it before I style my hair with the straightener or curling iron. I just got my hair highlighted and trimmed and I really want to work on protecting my ends so the cut lasts longer. I've used several other Chi products in the past and I always love them.

5. Jergens Natural Glow tanning lotion - I've been using this stuff for years! Yes, even when it had a nasty smell. Now, the smell is so much better! I put this on all over after every shower and it has really helped to build a natural looking 'glow' (not really a tan yet). I also picked up this tanning spray that I have yet to try on my legs. I feel like it's always so difficult to get a good tan on my legs for some reason! I've also used these tanning wipes before that work really well and I may have to give them a try again.

Have you tried any of these beauty products?
What products have you been loving recently?

Check out my past monthly beauty favorites posts: April | March 

10 comments

  1. YES! Huge fan of the Origins eye cream, the Maybelline concealer and JERGENS. I'm definitely going to look into that NYX concealer, it sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try the Origins eye cream. Thanks for the review to solidify my decision to purchase it. The Maybelline concealer also sounds like I product I need to try. Cheers! Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! The eye cream is a little pricey, but I think so worth it!

      Delete
  3. I'm going to have to try that Nyx concealer! I use that Origins cream in the morning since the caffeine helps depuff my eyes. Love reading beauty reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the NYX color correct concealer has been great!

      Delete
  4. I've been looking at that origins eye cream for a while... do you think it is effective at de-puffing? I am going to need all the help I can get!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think the caffeine ingredient does help to de-puff!

      Delete
  5. I swear by that Origins eye cream, it's the best! And have you tried Tan Towels? You can get them at Ulta - they're a little pricey, but amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have tried the tan towels! They are great, but a little more pricey than the L'Oreal ones :)

      Delete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!