Organization | My Life Binder + Daily Planner



Who's ready to get serious about organizing their life?!
The only way I really feel organized is to set goals, make lists and plan, plan, plan!

"Give me 6 hours to chop down a tree, I will spend the first 4 sharpening the axe" - Abraham Lincoln

This is true with everything in life. If you have a goal in mind, you must plan and do your research before attempting to accomplish it. I live by my planner and lists everyday to keep me on task!

Here's what I have set up over the past few weeks that have helped me stay focused on getting tasks done and goals accomplished.

Number one, you will need a good planner. I picked up this Day Designer planner from Target recently and I am loving it! It is a July 2016 - June 2017 calendar, but there are blank weekly and daily pages that you can fill in and start using immediately. 



(sorry these pics are a bit dark... I need to work on my photog skills!)

I love the daily pages because it helps map out your day by the hour. I seriously have to fill this out daily to keep on target with what needs to get done. I have major ADD somedays, so this helps me stay on track and not get distracted. 

On top of keeping a daily planner, I also created what I like to call my Life Binder.

I picked up a 3 ring binder from Target and some pretty dividers, some even from the dollar spot! PS - Target has some really cute office/planner supplies in the dollar spot at the moment! 

The first thing in my Life Binder is a weekly list of all the major aspects of my life that I need to keep on top of. I made this simple sheet in excel and it's something that I update weekly. Every Sunday or Monday I will list tasks, goals, to do's in each category for the week. As I complete the tasks, I check them off. 


Behind my weekly worksheet, I have each category labeled on the dividers. Here I can add any paperwork, lists I've made or anything else I need to keep track of for that category. 


I found some free printables for weekly meal planning, weekly cleaning schedule and blog posts. I try to print these and update them weekly. I use the Emily Ley free blog planner printables for the blog calendar and weekly blog post ideas. 





Towards the back, I keep a page protector full of coupons that I don't want to lose track of. I also keep a page protector to hold any invitations we receive in the mail. I keep extra page protectors in the back if needed. 


After I put this binder together, I've felt so much more organized on a daily basis. Knowing that soon I will be a SAHM with 2 under 2, I'm hoping this will help me stay sane and keep up with my time management. As of right now, we don't have a house cleaner, but that would be the first person I would hire in a heartbeat! It's so hard to keep up with the house cleaning chores!

What do you use to keep you organized? Do you keep a daily planner?


*I'm linking up with Natalie and Annie for Thoughts for Thursday.

8 comments

  1. This is amazing!! Thank you for sharing.. I am 100% going to make this for myself. I feel so unorganized lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously have to keep myself away from the $1 section at Target because of all the cute office supplies right now! Your life binder is awesome - so organized and a great system!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes! I will be making one of these this weekend!! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post! I'm always looking for ways to stay more organized and on top of things. I have an Erin Condren Life Planner, but I think I'll want to make a binder like this once I have kids.
    http://classiclifeofcait.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your binder! Definitely helps keeping everything in one place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this idea!! A binder is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your life binder! I'm attempted to make a life binder but was never consistent with it. Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need one of these, my life is chaos most of the time haha!! My #1 suggestion for two under two is to hire a house cleaner or a babysitter one day a week (so you can clean/organize). It will save your sanity, you will literally have zero time for yourself the first few months let alone time to clean, organize etc. It's been such a saving grace for us and worth all the $$!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!