Soaking Up the Moments...

The last moments of being a family of 3 that is...

My parents came in town Thursday night and Camden has been in Grandma and Grandpa spoiling heaven ever since. I also felt so spoiled by my parents and husband over the weekend. My mom basically took care of Camden and Bill was busy with all the house chores and even cleaned out my car for me (which was so needed!). I even was able to sneak out of the house for a bit to get a pedicure and gel manicure (I forgot how wonderful these gel manicures are!). My mom also cooked a few nights and Bill grilled some hamburgers and veggies one night. My Dad, unfortunately, pulled a muscle in his neck so he wasn't able to play with Camden as much as he would have liked to, but hopefully he is on the mend and will start to feel better in the next day or so. 

It was so hot this weekend, that we spent most of the time indoors playing. My parents did play with Cam outside here and there, but for a short time. They took him on a trip to the grocery store and on a few walks as well. My mom brought a big bag of fun toys and activities to keep Camden busy over the next week. Did I mention she's the best?!

I also just got a new 50mm lens for my Nikon D5100. Why did I wait so long to purchase one of these?! I'm so glad I got it before baby 2 is here! I got mine second hand from a friend but you can also purchase the same one on Amazon if you have a Nikon dslr camera.

I'm still learning the ins and outs of shooting in manual, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. Here are a few images I was able to capture this weekend...










Can I tell you how difficult it is to take photos of a toddler? Half of the pictures I took were blurry because this boy does not stay still for a second!

So, tomorrow is the big day! My c section is scheduled pretty early in the morning which I'm thankful for since I can't eat or drink anything starting at midnight tonight. And the simple fact that I will be so extremely anxious, nervous and excited all at the same time until we get into the OR. I'm just praying everything goes smoothly and that we end up with a healthy baby boy! Please say a little prayer for us if you think of it tomorrow morning!

Today we are just finishing up all the packing and planning for the week. Both sets of our parents are staying at our house and will be in charge of the home, Charlie our dog and Camden while we are in the hospital for the next 3 days. We are so lucky we both have parents that are so eager and willing to help out! Bill and I also plan to go out to dinner tonight as our 'last super' before baby arrives!

Like I mentioned in Friday's post, I may not be able to blog too much over the next week or so. You can follow me on Snapchat (LindsayRumple) and instagram (@lindsaykr11) for updates and the announcement of baby 2's arrival!! One more sleep until he's here!!! 

7 comments

  1. You made it!! Congratulations and best of luck. Tomorrow at this time you will have a healthy baby boy in your arms!! You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures came out fabulous! I need to practice shooting in manual, it's so intimidating to me. Thinking of you for tomorrow!!! And congrats (a little early) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 50mm lens is SO great for kids, it just takes some getting used to and a really high shutter speed! haha! That is so nice your family could come in town, I can't believe its time for baby boy #2 already! Good luck mama, enjoy every second of those newborn snuggles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that you had so much help this weekend and will be anxiously awaiting pics of baby brother!!! excited for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many prayers and happy thoughts for you mama! I'm so glad you have so much help and I cannot wait to see pictures of the new little man! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, tomorrow is the big day! Thinking of you and praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby and mommy. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!