Life Lately + Big News!

Oh hey there blogger world! I swear I am still here! Life with 2 under 2 has been keeping me pretty busy these days, but I still like to check in here at my little creative space every now and then. So, here's what's been going on lately in my little world...

Over the weekend we drove 5+ hours to Bill's hometown for his friend's wedding festivities. Bill was in the wedding so we spent 4 days at his parents house with the 2 boys and our dog. We barely survived car ride with 2 carseats and me crammed in between them in our Jeep Cherokee. After feeling claustrophobic the entire time and seeing how much crap you really need to cart around with 2 littles ones, we both decided it is time for a mini van! I told myself I'd never be 'that mom', but honestly I'd rather be comfortable traveling with my little ones than worry about being a 'cool' mom. Plus, we are planning to drive to Columbus with both of them at the end of September, which is an even longer drive. So, I'm hoping we have one by then! Any van recommendations welcome. I think we are leaning towards the Honda Odyssey. 

Once we got there, we had a great time! And I loved having the grandparents' help with the boys. I love going to Bill's parents house because they live on a large piece of land with farms all around. They have a huge garden, which to me (from suburbia land) seems like a farm! They grow all types of vegetables. Camden took his first tractor ride! He seemed to like it! 



(They also grow pumpkins! Bill's mom carved the boys names in their own pumpkins which I thought was adorable!)

The wedding was a lot of fun too! Of course, I could only stay at the reception for a few hours before I had to leave to feed Bennett, but it was nice to be able to dress up and be social away from the boys for a few hours. One of Bill's cousins baby sat the boys at his parents house while we attended the wedding and reception. I wore this dress (on major sale right now!), this necklace and these shoes (bought from Amazon!). The dress was the perfect post baby dress because it wasn't form fitting. I loved the shoes, although they started to hurt my feet towards the end of the night but that could be because I'm not used to wearing heels! Unfortunately, I didn't get a good picture of us at the wedding...FAIL!!

Bennett has his 2 month appointment today (he was 2 months on the 28th)! I'm not looking forward to the shots, but am curious to see how much he has grown. This boy loves to eat! I think he would nurse all day if he could. His reflux is getting a bit better and I don't know if it's the Zantac or the fact that I've cut out dairy from my diet, but we are sticking to both for now. He's starting to sleep a bit better at night too! He usually goes down around 8-9pm and last night slept until almost 4am! Those 5-6 hour stretches of sleep are glorious! 

(onesie + raccoon rattle c/o Finn and Emma | milestone baby cards c/o Milestone)

In other big news... I decided to start working part time again! It was something I had been contemplating for the past couple of weeks. Being a stay at home mom of 2 under 2 is probably the most challenging job ever! I was missing the balance between work, life, home, kids, etc. When I told Bill he was completely supportive and we decided to try taking Camden back to his old daycare 3 days a week while I work part time from home. My old company was so gracious to let me have my position back and I'm so thankful they had not filled it yet! I'm hoping this will be a good balance for everyone. Camden is at the age where I feel like he needs so much attention and is on the go all day. It was just hard for me to give him the right amount of attention with the baby all day. I love his teachers and I also love that he will get some social interaction and be able to blow off some steam for a few days during the week! 

So, that's what's been going on in my little world! I hope to keep this little blog going as well! Hopefully, I will start to be on a better schedule now and will be able to post more regularly. 

PS - I can't believe it's almost September already?!!

6 comments

  1. I have a Honda Odyssey and I absolutely LOVE it!! I was the one that always said I would never be that mom, but now I think it is the greatest thing EVER!! I only have one little girl but even 1 child accumulates so much stuff and going from a small SUV to a mini van was one of the best decisions I have ever made! You won't regret it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally understand why people are all about their minivans now!! I have a GMC Terrain and since having the baby, it drives me crazy with how 'small' it is (not really that small haha). I can't wait to hear what you think about your switch! And congrats on going back to work!! Hopefully that will provide the perfect balance for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations girlie! That's exciting news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I am not looking forward to roadtrips with two someday! I've heard everyone loves the Sienna and Odyssey. I was against the idea of a van too until I realized how nice it would be to not worry about a door swinging open while fussing with car. haha! Congrats on the decision to work part time! I think its a great idea, it will feel good using that part of your brain for a bit each day and Cam will do great at school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting the part-time gig back! I think that will be awesome. In my perfect world, a part-time job would be just what I wanted (well, okay a money tree or rich uncle is what I want, but you know what I mean.) ha!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!