Labor Day Weekend Recap



My parents came for a visit this past weekend, which was just what the doctor ordered! It had been over a month since I'd seen them. The weekend was filled with playing, cuddling, over eating and football watching. The perfect way to end the summer. 

Saturday, we got all dressed in our OSU gear to watch the first OSU home football game of the season. A part of me was sad that I wasn't in Columbus for the first home game. Some of my friends texted me photos of them tailgating and I was definitely jealous. But, we had our own little family tailgate at home and having my parents there definitely helped. They got the boys cute little matching OSU shirts and Bill was so excited to hang our OSU flag on our house, so we had to take some family photos. OSU actually played my alma mater Bowling Green, so I would have been happy if either team won. Of course, the Buckeyes won (by a lot)!

Sunday, My parents took Camden to Phillips Zoo Park near us which is a big park with a small zoo inside of it. He loved it! Bill and I got to spend some quality time with Bennett at home while they were there. Bennett is becoming so smiley and loves to coo and 'talk'! It's nice to just be able to focus our attention on him every now and then. And Camden had such a great time at the park that he was exhausted when they got home. 

Unfortunately, Camden woke up with a fever Monday morning and I could tell was not feeling well. My parents were so upset they had to leave while he was sick. But after a dose of Tylenol and a 3.5 hour nap, he was back to his normal self in the afternoon with no fever. So odd toddlers can have a fever for half a day and then go back to normal?!

We also spent some time looking at Honda Odysseys this weekend and I think we are going to pull the trigger on one very soon! Just don't call me a #soccermom yet... :)

How was your holiday weekend?

I'm linking up with Biana for Weekending. 

2 comments

  1. The kids look too cute in their OSU gear!! So happy that Cam is feeling better!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a boilermaker wife, I can't support the OSU gear, but your boys sure are cute! :) Glad Cam is feeling better and that you got to see your parents!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!