Life Lately + Cbus Trip Recap

Oh, hello friends! I swear I am still alive! We had the best trip at 'home' (still feels like home to me) in Columbus last week and even though it was a loooooong car ride (took us 8 hours!) with 2 kids under 2, it was totally worth it! We got to see family and friends and just had a great, laid back week all around. 

Both Camden and Bennett did pretty well sleeping away from home too. Camden was a super star sleeper in his pack 'n play that my parents have. He has been used to sleeping in it since he was a baby when they baby sat him 2 days a week. Bennett was in our pack 'n play in my room (also using the dock a tot) which worked out for night time and naps during the day if we were home. I will say, I'm not used to sleeping with Bennett in the same room since he has been in his crib since he was 6 weeks. He is a very noisy sleeper and had a couple of rough nights, so this mama was tired most of the time. I'm happy to get him back in his crib now that we are home (using a monitor of course)!

I had packed the week full of plans to meet up with family and friends, so we were on the go a lot. Both babes were great and just went with the flow! Bennett finally met his great grandma Mary! She was so excited to see him and he was so smiley and even 'talked' to her which made her so happy!


We also got to visit the Columbus Zoo with a few of my friends and their kids. It was such a beautiful day too!


Camden wasn't too sure about riding the horses on the carousel, but we did get to sit on a bench seat for his first ride! He loved it!


Of course, I got to spend a lot of quality time with my boys and my parents during the week. The weather was great and we spent a lot of time outside just playing and going for walks!

I was also able to meet up with a lot of my high school friends and college friends while we were home. It was so nice to see everyone and made me realize how precious our friendships are especially at this stage of life. It's been so hard not being close to them geographically, but we continue to communicate on our little chat app (called Whatsapp) daily! I don't know what I would do with out them in my life!

We also spent a night at Bill's parents house on the way back to IL. We had a great night with a bon fire and lots of home cooked meals! Camden even got to pick out a few pumpkins from their pumpkin garden! Can't wait to decorate our porch with them this weekend! 

Well, that's a really quick recap of what I've been up to for the past week or so! I'm hoping to get back on the normal blogging schedule next week!

PS - Bennett is 3 months old as of today!! I can't believe he is no longer considered a 'newborn' since it feels like I just had him yesterday! I'm hoping to finish a 3 month update post soon!

4 comments

  1. Sounds like you had a jam-packed visit "home"! Glad both boys did well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eight hour road trip with two kiddos? Teach me your ways, wonder woman. :) Glad you had a great trip and were able to see your friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!! And I'm with Brittany, you are wonder woman. I can't imagine 8 hours in the car with two little ones, but it sounded well worth the trip! Glad you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a fun trip back home! It's always so nice to see friends & family and I'm sure they loved soaking up all the time with the boys! Can't wait for B's 3 month update!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!