#WIW Wednesday

Why not start a new series for the new fall season? Last year I brought you my Fall Basics series and shared all my favorite staple pieces for fall fashion. This time around, I'm going to be sharing some real outfits that I wear on a regular basis (What I'm Wearing Wednesday), plus some fun weekend wear and items I've recently purchased. I'm just getting back into shopping for 'normal' clothes (aka non-maternity and post baby clothes). I actually am starting to fit in my old pants, jeans and bottoms again (woo hoo!). 

My goal is to post real outfits of items from my closet and new items I purchased so you can see how I mix them together. I've always had a shopping budget since Bill and I have been married and it is something that I really try to stick to. We are all about saving and not having any debt (besides our mortgage), so when I do purchase clothes/accessories/shoes, etc I like to make sure I will get a lot of wear out of them. A lot of the items in my closet are basic pieces, but mixing them different shoes, handbags and accessories makes them feel like they are new! 

This week I have a few outfits with items I recently added to my wardrobe, including these leggings and this dress. Both items are going to be staple pieces for fall!

striped top (similar only $19!) | zella leggings | converse shoes | monogram necklace

This outfit will be on heavy rotation this fall. First, being a mom of 2 under 2 'athleasure' (as they call it) is my new best friend. These leggings are the best I've ever owned. They are thick and non-see through and suck you in around the mid section. Perfect for post baby bodies and really flattering on anyone. I bought the striped shirt last year and have linked to a similar one that is only $19! The brand of the one I'm wearing is Stem and I love their tops! I also own a few sleeveless tops from Stem and all their shirts are sooo soft and comfortable! 

dress | bp necklace (similar) | booties (less than $35!)

I am so glad I purchased this dress during the nordstrom anniversary sale. It is the perfect LBD for fall and winter. It is a heavier material that just feels like a high quality fabric and does not wrinkle. I love that it has sleeves too! It is such a flattering dress and is perfect for all body types. It also comes in 3 other really great colors for the fall season. 

I also recently scored these black booties from Target for a great price! I have some tan colored booties and thought I'd add a pair of black ones to my closet this season. 

I can't wait to wear this outfit on a date night or girls night in the next few months!

I can't wait to share some more outfits with you next week! I recently made a few purchases of some vests that I'm excited to style. 

Happy Hump Day and Happy Shopping!

Shop the post:

11 comments

  1. I love this post idea!!!!!! I'm on a clothes budget as well so always looking for fun staple pieces!! And I'm obsessed with the monogram necklace!!!! Definitely putting that on my list!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! I'm all about staple pieces and can't wait to share some more finds with you! I love the monogram necklace and it is such a great price!

      Delete
  2. I love this post! I always enjoy seeing how people style their clothes in real life. I love that striped tunic, and the dress looks great on you. Can't wait to see your vests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! I also love seeing all your outfit posts!

      Delete
  3. I have those booties and wear them ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Zella leggings are the BEST! I wore them my entire pregnancy... and probably will wear them this entire fall/winter, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! They are my fave... I understand why they are called 'live in' leggings :)

      Delete
  5. love the stripe top! i have a few in my closet but i always want more! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!