Chicago Weekend Recap + What I Wore

It's crazy to think that we've lived in Plainfield, IL for 8+ months and are less than 40 minutes away from the city and this was our first visit to Chicago together! Obviously, we were a little busy with the moving and having a baby, but we FINALLY found the time to take a 'stay-cation' to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday this past weekend. Well, we only stayed one night because #momguilt, but it was much needed!

It's also crazy to think that we can say we lived close to Chicago the year the cubs won the world series AND Trump was elected president! Ha!

We stayed at the Palmer House right across from Millennium Park and the Art Institute of Chicago. I wish I would have taken more pictures of our hotel because it was gorgeous! Very old school/glam with a lot of ornate designs on the walls and ceiling and beautiful candelabras everywhere. 


We arrived to our hotel a little after 1pm and were able to get an early check in thanks to Bill's Hilton Honors status (a bonus of a traveling job). Once we were all checked in we decided to walk around the corner to the Gage for some lunch. We were able to snag a seat at the bar where we started the our afternoon off with a cocktail (wine for me, beer for him) and a hearty lunch. I landed on the lobster roll and Bill had the shrimp gumbo. The food, drinks and atmosphere did not disappoint! We were also able to catch the first quarter of the Ohio State game. Once we finished our lunch, we decided to take a stroll in the park. It didn't last long though, because it was pretty chilly out!


After our stroll in the park we decided to head back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. We relaxed, watched the rest of the OSU game and got ready for dinner. Our reservations weren't until 8pm, so we decided to stop by Pops for Champagne before dinner for a quick toast. I had been to Pops before for a bachelorette party, so I knew it was the perfect spot for a pre-dinner glass of champagne. 


We had dinner at Benny's Chop House. We shared the fillet, lobster risotto and asparagus and had the shrimp cocktail for an appetizer. Yep, we weren't holding back! Everything was so good! The fillet was probably one of the best I have tasted in my life! The service was wonderful as well. They even surprised us with a Happy Anniversary dessert!


The next morning, we took our time getting up and going (even though I was up at 5am anyways because #momguilt and #momlife). We decided to grab some brunch at Beef & Brandy which is a longstanding, diner style breakfast place. 

After breakfast, we were on our way home and were able to get back before Cam's nap time! It was a short and sweet trip, but I'm so glad we were able to get away even for just one night. I definitely think it's so important to continue dating your spouse as often as you can! 

+++

And now, the most important part... What I wore!! I brought/wore 3 main outfits: 2 casual and 1 for our night out on the town.

The first outfit was what I wore Saturday for our casual lunch and strolling the park. It was a bit chilly out, so the vest added some warmth!

 plaid top | quilted puffer vest | skinny legging jeans | boots

The outfit below is what I wore out Saturday night for dinner and drinks.

black jeggings | lush v-neck blouse (on sale!) | faux fur vest (similar here, here and here) | clutch (only $25!) | booties | monogram necklace | kendra scott pendant necklace

This last outfit I wore Sunday morning for breakfast and the ride home. Super comfy!

leggings | tunic tee shirt | scarf (only $15!) | boots

Shop the post:



PS - Have you entered to win a $300 Amazon Gift Card yet? That's a lot of blanket scarfs! :)

7 comments

  1. So glad you two had a great little getaway! This made me miss the city so much - LOVE Pops for Champagne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you had a nice night away! Chicago is so fun this time of year. Love all your outfits, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun and love that you got to escape for the weekend! I'm dying for a quick weekend in Chicago. I haven't been since I was like 10. Love all your cute outfits too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your outfits! I've been dying to the gage as well! Glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great weekend of celebrating! So awesome that you guys are only 40 minutes away, I imagine there are lots of trips in your future!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your style is always so cute (and actually doable!) And I like your monogram necklace! What size and chain length do you have?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!