2017 Goals



Everyone loves to read a good 'goals' post, right? I feel like I write one every year and they all sound the same.... Eat better, exercise more, spend less, yada yada... Well, this year I am going to be a little more precise with my goals. Have you heard of the idea of picking a word for the year? Kate from the Small Things Blog does it. So Does Elizabeth McKnight.

2016 can be summed up in one word... BUSY! I felt so busy and overwhelmed most of the year. Between moving, being pregnant, chasing around a toddler, having our second baby, working, blogging, taking care of the household, etc. I just felt like I was spread very thin. This year I am going to SIMPLIFY my life so I don't feel like I'm barely treading water.

This year's word is SIMPLIFY. I want to simplify everything in my life. Now that Bennett is 6 months, things have gotten a bit easier. He's on a fairly normal schedule which helps. So, now it's all about making my days (and nights) easier by simplifying our routines. If it's a work day, making sure we are prepared for the mornings the night before would help tremendously! Just simply planning ahead for the day would be an easy way to make sure things run smoothly.

I also want to SIMPLIFY the items and decor in our house. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going all 'minimalist' on you here. I still love my 'things' and nick knack decor items (hello Target dollar spot), but I just want to make sure all the items in my house make sense and have a purpose. We've slowly been working on purging a lot of items from our house and it feels so good! You don't really notice how much 'stuff' can accumulate over the course of a year! Especially when you have kids!

I want to SIMPLIFY my wardrobe and really try to create wardrobe capsules for each season. I'm usually pretty good at purging my closet and getting rid of any items I don't wear. I want to put more thought into my wardrobe and accessory purchases to make sure I am investing in pieces I know I will wear and that will last longer than one season.

Another word I want to focus on this year is PURPOSE. I want everything I do, have and say to have PURPOSE and meaning this year. If I'm working, I'm working for a purpose to help my family financially and to allow myself to feel a sense of balance in my life. I want to spend more time with my boys. Not just time, but PURPOSEFUL time... quality time! I want to make sure we are spending less time on our electronics and more time face to face and being interactive.

I just purchased and received this book by Emily Ley and I'm so excited to start reading it!

So there you have it. My word... Ok, words for 2017! What would be your word(s) of the year?

5 comments

  1. Love the "one word" for the year!! Such a great idea!!! My one word for thIs year is NON EVENTFUL (is that two?? haha!) Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the goal of doing everything with purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I've been enjoying reading everyone's "words" for the year. Simplify always is a good one - we do accumulate so much, don't we? Also, I had no idea that you were back at work - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like we both had a similar whirlwind year!! Two kids is no joke, ha! :) Love your goals for the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know you can shorten your links with AdFly and make $$$$$ for every click on your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!