8 Favorite Comfort Food Crock Pot Recipes

If you guys are all on your 'New Years Resolution' diets, then this may not be the best post for you... I'm still in comfort food mode during the dreary, cold days of January and typically don't get my diet motivation until at least March when the temps slowly start to rise. Lately, I've been all about using our crock pot to make dinners for the family and it is such a time saver! I also love using these Slow Cooker liners for easy clean up! Here are some of my favorite slow cooker recipes that have been on heavy rotation:

1. Broccoli cheese soup: This one I've only tried once a while ago, but I'm about ready to make another batch because it is soooo good! Serve with some warm crusty sour dough bread and it's almost as if you are at Panera... almost ;)


2. Lasagna: This one is really good and actually comes out just as good as oven baked! Great to make if you have visitors or if you just want to make a large batch and eat left overs! I serve with garlic bread and salad.

3. Cheesy Chicken & Broccoli Over Rice: This one I make a lot because we have a lot of frozen broccoli we got from Bill's parents' garden this past summer. It is so easy to make and I serve it over cooked white or brown rice and top with shredded cheese. Comfort food in a bowl!

4. BBQ pork chops: I made these pork chops for Bill's birthday dinner and they were a hit! I served with green bean casserole and home made mashed potatoes! I true Midwest comfort meal!

5. Creamy Ranch Chicken with Potatoes and Carrots: This one I've made several times and it is always creamy and delicious! I love that you can cook both the meat and veggies at the same time too! The sauce gives everything such great flavor!

6. Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie: This one I've made several times as well and I love that it's more of a 'deconstructed' pot pie using biscuits instead of a true pie crust. (photo for reference below)
Side note: to save even more time, I usually skip making the sauce myself and use a can of condensed cream of chicken soup mixed with some chicken broth. I'll add some of the seasonings like parsley, thyme, garlic salt and pepper. You can mix the flavors/seasonings to your liking. 


7. Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Veggies: There's no better smell than a pot roast cooking in the crock pot on a cold winter's day! This is a traditional roast recipe made with onion soup mix for even more convenience! I also add a splash of red wine to the sauce to give the roast more flavor. Side note: I never actually brown the roast before I put it in the crock pot. I think that step can be optional!

8. Slow Cooker Shredded Mexican Chicken: This one I seriously make at least once per week. It is super easy and we are Mexican food fans in our house so it's always a hit and left overs are easily stored in the fridge. I've made it forever now so I don't even know where it originated from?! I went ahead and posted the recipe I use below...

Ingredients:
3-4 chicken breasts
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can of black beans (drained)
1 c. of frozen corn (thawed)
1 10oz can of Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies

Directions:
Place chicken breasts in crockpot
sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken
add diced tomatoes and chilies, black beans and corn
cook on low for 4-6 hours
check 'doneness' of chicken by trying to shred it using two forks. If it shreds easily, continue shredding remainder of chicken. Stir and let it cook for about 30 mins more.

Use slotted spoon to remove chicken, black beans, corn and tomatoes. Add on top of Mexican rice for a Chipotle inspired Mexican bowl or add to tortillas for tacos! I like to add shredded cheese and top with some light sour cream and taco sauce! Yum!

Do you have any favorite crock pot recipes? Have you tried any of these?

3 comments

  1. Crockpot recipes are my favorite thing especially in the cold weather!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really need to get my crockpot out of storage. i never use it but these recipes sound so good! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making that broccoli cheddar soup ASAP! It's Nick's favorite, but I've never had a good recipe!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!