We Made It!

We are officially in our new home in Columbus! Wow, was that a whirlwind... Word to the wise: avoid moving with 2 little ones... it is somewhat of a nightmare! But, we are lucky that Bill and I both have great families that were able to help with the move and transition. I honestly don't know what we would have done without their help!

I absolutely love our new house! What won us over is the floor plan (hello bonus room/playroom on the second floor) and the location. We live in a great area of town (Dublin) with great schools and I love that there are little parks and bike/walking paths all over. Our house is actually right across the street from a little park with a playground! So, the convenience factor was a selling point for sure! 

Of course, there are a lot of aesthetic things I'd like to change about the house. First of all, the paint colors are pretty bad... We're talking brown/yellow in the main family area and bright red in the kitchen. Our bedroom is a brown/tan color that really just makes our bedroom seem like a dark cave! Just not my taste at all. Oh, and Camden's room is a bright pinkish red color! So, the first priority will be painting, but we wanted to move in and get settled first before we started updating the house. 

There are other little projects that will be fun to tackle over time and it will also be fun to post before and after photos here once they are finished. For now, I will leave you with some inspirational photos of what I'd like our house to look like once it's complete! 

We have hardwood floors all through out the first floor and we desperately need an area rug for the family area and to go under our grey sectional. I'm leaning towards a nice big Moroccan style shag rug like this one or this one



We have 2 story ceilings in our main family area with a fireplace as the main focal point which I love! Some day I'd like to add some white cross beams to the ceiling to add some dimension and possible brick or stone the fireplace to the ceiling (like the image below).


Of course, I'm sticking to all neutral tones when it comes to paint colors. Since our kitchen has more warm tones in it (for now, would like to update it at some point) I'll probably go with a more warm toned white or cream color like the 'aesthetic white' color below by Sherwin Williams.




Another top priority on our list is changing out our banister from the wood/oak and white wood to a rod iron one (like the style below). 


So, as you can see, we have our work cut out for us! I think just simply painting will make it seem like a whole new house! I can't wait to share with you some before and after photos!

hope you all had a great week and weekend!

xoxo

4 comments

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!