A Date Night Outfit + Starting Whole30

lush blouse (tunic version here on sale!) | jeans | clutch | wedges (similar here and here) | monogram necklace

Bill and I actually went out on a date this past weekend! We seriously could not remember the last time we went out on a 'date night' with out the kids... That's so sad! I'm hoping to be better about planning our date nights ahead of time, especially since we live by our families now!

We had dinner and drinks at Napa, which is a newish wine bar and grill in our suburb. The decor was very modern and eclectic. There was wood planking on the ceiling, big light fixtures everywhere, a wall of wine bottles... Bill even mentioned that the decor style was very 'fixer upper'!

I had the red wine flight and we shared the tuscan popped corn for an appetizer. I had the crab cake burgers and fries for my meal and it was definitely a great choice! 

(photo via snapchat: LindsayRumple and Instastories: @lindsaykr11)

I'd like to refer to this meal as my 'last hoorah' because I decided to take the plunge with whole30! You can lean more about whole30 here or purchase the book here. I started yesterday and so far so good. I went on a big grocery haul at Trader Joe's and stocked up on all the whole30 essentials like almond butter, fruit bars, fruit, salad mix (this one is my favorite) coconut milk/cream/oil, nuts, LOTS of veggies and meat.  


On Sunday, I also started some meal prepping while the boys were napping. I made hard boiled eggs for snacks and salads, egg muffins with spinach and onion, and roasted potatoes and carrots. I tried these Chili Lime chicken burgers for dinner last night and they are not bad! I just grilled up some onion on the side (with coconut oil), added some salsa on top and had some of the roasted potatoes and carrots on the side. It was very filling! 



I plan to post a recap of my experience each week with how I'm doing and what I ate. I'll probably go into detail a bit more about why I'm doing whole30 and why I might benefit from it. Hopefully, this interests you guys! If not, let me know! 

Hope you guys had a great weekend!

6 comments

  1. How fun that you got out for a date night, love your outfit! Can't wait to hear about your Whole30 experience. I've been so curious about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear more about your whole 30 experience! Love that blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started Whole30 on Sunday, excited to follow along with your progress. Most of my friends have never heard of it so I'm relying on blogs and instagram for camaraderie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The perfect meal to end with! Hope you're feeling and doing great with Whole 30!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck girl! I'd love to read more about how it's been!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!