Recent Drug Store Make Up Purchases (Hits + A Miss)


I've picked up a few 'drug store' beauty products recently that are worth sharing about. It has always been tough for me to spend a lot of money on make up. For one, I am at home most of the time between being home with the boys or working from home, so not too many people see my face every day. However, as I get older I am realizing that it takes a bit more product to make me look human in the morning! Sometimes even my own children look at me weird if I'm not wearing under eye concealer or mascara in the morning! 

On the quest for budget friendly beauty buys, I'm constantly browsing the isles of Target or our grocery store while we are there. Here are a few products I've picked up recently. All but one of these products I actually love!

1. Physicians Formula Super CC+ Cream SPF 30, Light/Medium - I LOVE this CC cream! I have very uneven skin with redness all over, dark circles, etc. so it is essential that I use a color correcting base for my make up. I like using a CC cream instead of a foundation for everyday because it is not as 'heavy' feeling as foundation and has build-able coverage. I also love that is has spf for the summer (or all year round, really). I got the shade light/medium which is a bit too dark for my complexion currently, so I mix it with a light shade BB cream. I'm hoping once I get a bit more sun exposure in the summer months, this shade will work for me. I have been using my beauty blender to apply and blend and it works really well. 

2. Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Bronzer - I really love this bronzer! I love that it has more of a smooth, almost liquid texture and it goes on so smooth and blends really well. It also smells like a tropical vacation! I use it on the apples of my cheeks, around my chin and hair line to help contour and add some color to my face.

3. NYX Cosmetics Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator - I actually picked up a trial size of this nyx illuminator and I may end up buying the regular size. It's perfect for the summer months if you want to achieve that 'dewy/glow' look on your skin. I just apply a small amount to my cheek bones, inner eye and cupids bow after I have applied my regular make up for a touch of shimmer.

4. Maybelline New York The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette - I've been looking for a good everyday eyeshadow palette for a while and I'm so glad I found this one. I had been using my Naked3 palette for probably 3 years now and was ready for a change! This palette has the perfect browns/tans/and shimmery beiges for an easy, everyday eye make up look. And the price tag makes it even better!

5. Maybelline New York Eyestudio Brow Define and Fill Duo - Everyone is all about the brows these days. And now that I've started to really fill them in and shape them everyday, I feel like I look weird if I don't! I'm not all into the microblading or over plucking or over filling of the brows. I like mine to look natural with a natural tone and shape. This brow duo is the perfect combination to easily fill and shape your brows. I love the sponge applicator with the powder. It gives my brows a much more natural look. I got mine in the shade blonde and it is the perfect tone for my light skin/hair.

6. Maybelline New York Master Precise Curvy - Last, but certainly not least, this is my new FAVORITE eyeliner! I had been so used to my Stila 'stay all day' eyeliner  that I knew it would be tough to find a cheaper version that I would love as much. Well, I actually love this eyeliner BETTER than the stila one! It has a felt tip that is tapered so you can use the skinny side for a more precise line or the thicker side for a more dramatic look. If you're not used to the felt tip eyeliners, it may take you a little bit to get used to it, but I can't go a day without my eyeliner 😆. If you buy one product out of this group... try this one if you are an eyeliner lover like me!


Recent beauty buy MISS: COVERGIRL The Super Sizer Mascara by LashBlast - I SO wanted to like this mascara because it was recommended by a beauty YouTuber (that's a word, right?) that I follow, but unfortunately I did not like this one. It made my lashes really clumpy and 'spider' like which is not the look I typically like to go for. So I kept this one in my make up bag for back up, but have gone back to my ride or die mascara (which is less than $7!).

Have you tried any of these beauty products?
What are some of your favorite recent beauty buys?

Shop the post:


5 comments

  1. i love stila eyeliner so now i want to try the cheaper version! thanks for the recommendation! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try that Maybelline eyeliner! The Stila eyeliner is my favorite, and I've been unsuccessfully searching for a more affordable option. Thanks for sharing! Cheers, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have recently found W7 (brand) at Marshalls (it is a Naked dupe) for under $7. I think you can find the brand on Amazon for around $9 also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LIVE for that eyeliner! I got the bronzer after you posted it and haven't tried it yet (aka I should wear more makeup!) and I definitely need to try that CC cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butter bronzer is on my list to try as soon as I'm through a couple in vanity right now. So glad to hear that you love it! I'm glad I wasn't the only one not impressed by the Super Sizer mascara - it was WAY too clumpy/thick for me. If you ever need drugstore beauty recs, hit me up! You know that's my main place for makeup. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!