Apples, Pumpkins and Ponies... Oh My!

We had such a fun time this past weekend visiting The Orchard and Company in Plain City, Oh. I knew I wanted to take the boys apple picking again this year, since it was a hit (well, with Camden) when we went last year. I researched a few apple orchards in town and landed on this one because of the location (just a quick 20 min drive fro our house) and the fact that it had so many other fun things for the boys to see and do. Unfortunately, their apple orchard was hit with hail this spring so the apples were slim pickings (literally ha!). But, we did manage to find a few to use for a photo op of course! 😉   Both boys started chomping down on the apples as soon as they got them in their hands! Bennett kept saying 'Ahh -PPLE! Ahh -PPLE!' since it is one of the handful of words he can say now! He was in heaven!

warning: photo overload to follow....

links to items I'm wearing: hunter boots | leggings | long sleeve tee ($19) | sunglasses 
We barely got a family photo! Both boys were not having it, so I'm actually surprised we got one where they are both semi smiling! 








I forgot to change the setting on the camera before I handed it to Bill (I'm learning to use manual mode!), so this photo was a little blown out and over exposed, but I like it edited in black and white and too cute not to share!

After walking around the orchard for a bit, we headed over to the pumpkin field. There were rows and rows of beautiful, big, round pumpkins! Camden has loved pumpkins since his first halloween and Bennett's eye just lit up when he was them too! 







Last, but not least, Camden rode a pony for the first time! He was a little hesitant at first, but I told him it would be like riding a real carousel (since he loves the one at the zoo) and he would be like a cowboy! Once he realized that mommy would be right by him, holding on to him the whole time, he was more excited. 



We didn't stay long since it opened at 11am and by noon the boys were both starting to get hungry and tired (aka cranky). Maybe next year they will be able to stay a bit longer for all the other fun activities they had there!


Even though taking these types of outings with the boys at this age can be exhausting, I'm so glad we did it! And I'm glad I brought my 'good' camera to document these fun family memories we are making! 

In other news... I got my hair chopped this weekend! I am loving the new sassy length! If you follow my instastories, you may have seen a pic! I'm hoping to post about my new 'do, some other recent happenings as well as some recent wardrobe purchases I've made. Also, I'll be co-hosting a really fun giveaway via Instagram towards the end of this week, so make sure you are following me here! So much to catch up on, so stay tuned!

2 comments

  1. Such a fun weekend and the boys are so adorable! Can't wait to see your hair!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!