#WIW Wednesday

Why not start a new series for the new fall season? Last year I brought you my Fall Basics series and shared all my favorite staple pieces for fall fashion. This time around, I'm going to be sharing some real outfits that I wear on a regular basis (What I'm Wearing Wednesday), plus some fun weekend wear and items I've recently purchased. I'm just getting back into shopping for 'normal' clothes (aka non-maternity and post baby clothes). I actually am starting to fit in my old pants, jeans and bottoms again (woo hoo!). 

My goal is to post real outfits of items from my closet and new items I purchased so you can see how I mix them together. I've always had a shopping budget since Bill and I have been married and it is something that I really try to stick to. We are all about saving and not having any debt (besides our mortgage), so when I do purchase clothes/accessories/shoes, etc I like to make sure I will get a lot of wear out of them. A lot of the items in my closet are basic pieces, but mixing them different shoes, handbags and accessories makes them feel like they are new! 

This week I have a few outfits with items I recently added to my wardrobe, including these leggings and this dress. Both items are going to be staple pieces for fall!

striped top (similar only $19!) | zella leggings | converse shoes | monogram necklace

This outfit will be on heavy rotation this fall. First, being a mom of 2 under 2 'athleasure' (as they call it) is my new best friend. These leggings are the best I've ever owned. They are thick and non-see through and suck you in around the mid section. Perfect for post baby bodies and really flattering on anyone. I bought the striped shirt last year and have linked to a similar one that is only $19! The brand of the one I'm wearing is Stem and I love their tops! I also own a few sleeveless tops from Stem and all their shirts are sooo soft and comfortable! 

dress | bp necklace (similar) | booties (less than $35!)

I am so glad I purchased this dress during the nordstrom anniversary sale. It is the perfect LBD for fall and winter. It is a heavier material that just feels like a high quality fabric and does not wrinkle. I love that it has sleeves too! It is such a flattering dress and is perfect for all body types. It also comes in 3 other really great colors for the fall season. 

I also recently scored these black booties from Target for a great price! I have some tan colored booties and thought I'd add a pair of black ones to my closet this season. 

I can't wait to wear this outfit on a date night or girls night in the next few months!

I can't wait to share some more outfits with you next week! I recently made a few purchases of some vests that I'm excited to style. 

Happy Hump Day and Happy Shopping!

Shop the post: