Life Lately + My Summer 'Momiform'

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of posting the past week... I seriously sound like a broken record as I type this, but things have been quite hectic around these parts! First, Bill was away all last week for work. Hopefully, his last long week of training for his new position. It was tough being a 'single parent' for even just a handful of nights and I'm SO grateful we live so close to my parents now so they can help when he's away! This was definitely one of the main reasons we wanted to move back here.


And if you read my last post, you know that I've started my Whole30 diet. I am planning to post about my experience so far with some meal ideas and what I've done to prepare myself for this diet very soon, but I want to make sure I gather all the correct information before I share it. Surprisingly, it hasn't been too difficult to follow... Especially, now that I found these compliant coffee creamers #gamechanger. One thing I will say is that I'm spending a lot more time meal prepping than I ever have before in my life! But, it makes all the difference! So, more on that later...


We had a busy weekend with some house projects and Bill's family was in town for his Dad's birthday. We had a full house with 5 cousins under the age of 5! There were 3 babies (all boys) that were all born within 6 months of each other! It was so cute to see them all roll around together!

We got a new area rug for our family room, which has totally helped to soften the space. I love my hardwood floors, but it's always nice to have a big, fluffy rug in the family area to help the house feel cozy. It is desparitely making me want to get a move on with the painting in our house! We have painters coming next week to start 'phase 1' of painting which consists of our bedroom & bathroom, Camden's room, the boys' bathroom, Bill's office and our kitchen. We are still working on gathering quotes from contractors on the other little projects that need to be completed before we paint the main family area and hallways... Oh, waiting is so difficult! Can't wait to show before and after pictures when they are completed!



And now, here is my current spring/summer 'momiform':

distressed jean shorts (#mombod approved) | vintage wash tee similar here and here | jack rogers sandals | reversible faux leather tote | Ray-Bans

Hope you all are having a great week so far!

4 comments

  1. I'm on Day 10 of my first Whole30. Good luck and i would love to see your recipes and tips along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those shorts! And can't wait to hear more about your Whole 30 experience - I need to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally wear a similar outfit in the summer! i always want to wear dresses but that isnt going to happen when you have a toddler to chase! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your thoughts! It makes my day!